Hampsterdance Discussion Board

PARIS !!!!!  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I move to Paris?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know.

Okay... we now are having a new domicile bid...

PARIS !!!!!

Soooooooooo, it should open around the first or second week of May and be open for 45 days.

The results will be available after the middle of June!

The new poll will be...

...should I move to Paris if I can hold the bid award???????

:D:D:D:D:D

And yes TBFOF, you will have a room in our cage. LOL

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I'll take this as a resounding yes. :lol:

Only if I can come visit, every other day.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No news from Memphis at the moment. This coming Saturday I will be in Miami for a week.

Posted Images

PARIS !!!!!

Soooooooooo, it should open around the first or second week of May and be open for 45 days.

The new poll will be...

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

You will have a key to the cage, so you can come every day if you wish.

PARIS !!!!!

The new poll will be...

I reallllllly miss it so much.

That city was perfecttttt for me. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it.

I'm definitely an urban person, I hate (my city) so much.

PARIS !!!!!

The new poll will be...

That city was perfecttttt for me. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it.

You just hate your city, because you live there. :lol:

PARIS !!!!!

The new poll will be...

I pretty much hate any suburban city.

Actually, there is a lot to do in my city, but its just not urban enough for me.

And Manhattan is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too expensive to live there.

... Well I guess Paris is too, but atleast it's beautiful, cleaner, and safer.

PARIS !!!!!

The new poll will be...

Actually, there is a lot to do in my city, but its just not urban enough for me.

Actually there are lots of inexpensive places to live in Paris. You will be walking up and not have an enormous place.

In the city, you will find lots of students and most live downtown.

PARIS !!!!!

The new poll will be...

Actually there are lots of inexpensive places to live in Paris. You will be walking up and not have an enormous place.

I loved the Latin Quarter.

Cheap little shops, awesome cafes, etc.

I'd be content living anywhere there.

PARIS !!!!!

The new poll will be...

I loved the Latin Quarter.

Cheap little shops, awesome cafes, etc.

I'd be content living anywhere there.

Hopefully I will be awarded the bid, if so, you have a room in the cage.

• 2 weeks later...

Atlanta is a terrific city! After spending a week there, I could go back. There is a beautiful park, called Piedmont Park, that I spent every afternoon visiting. Many of the old gorgeous mansions are being torn down to make way for condos which is sad, as the architects should find a way to incorporate the old mansion into the new condos. Of course, that would take effort and talent, and who wants to work when this would require efforts beyond the box thinking. And I am truly trying to understand who all these 1/2 million dollar condos are being built for. There are lots and lots of new, empty condos. But, that is the downside. The Park is fantastic and a great place for an afternoon.

Atlanta is a terrific city! After spending a week there, I could go back. There is a beautiful park, called Piedmont Park, that I spent every afternoon visiting. Many of the old gorgeous mansions are being torn down to make way for condos which is sad, as the architects should find a way to incorporate the old mansion into the new condos. Of course, that would take effort and talent, and who wants to work when this would require efforts beyond the box thinking. And I am truly trying to understand who all these 1/2 million dollar condos are being built for. There are lots and lots of new, empty condos. But, that is the downside. The Park is fantastic and a great place for an afternoon.

I was doing some research on the new apartment building I'm going to be living in next year, and it's really cool. They want the new buildings to be LEED certified (it's an environmentally friendly thing). So they're doing things like using certain materials and ventilation systems, getting materials as locally as possible, and recycling the leftovers. The most interesting thing I learned though, was that when they were clearing the land to build, they used horses to move the trees that had been cut down because it was environmentally friendly. I thought that was pretty cool.

I was doing some research on the new apartment building I'm going to be living in next year, and it's really cool. They want the new buildings to be LEED certified (it's an environmentally friendly thing). So they're doing things like using certain materials and ventilation systems, getting materials as locally as possible, and recycling the leftovers. The most interesting thing I learned though, was that when they were clearing the land to build, they used horses to move the trees that had been cut down because it was environmentally friendly. I thought that was pretty cool.

Outstanding!!! I would have loved to see that. Environmentally constructed buildings are the way to go.

• 2 weeks later...
Bump

Thanks. I needed that. :)

What did you think of that airplane picture?

Is there any significance to it?

Would that make a difference?

I like that old airplane.

Is it just an old airplane or is there more to it that I'm missing? :wacko:

It is an old airplane that is called a Curtiss Commando (C-46). It flew The Hump in World War II. This is my favorite airplane of all time.

This particular airplane flew in Alaska and then down in Miami.

But I must admit, you are pretty intuitive. :lol:

For other news... for the first practice bid, I can hold Paris.

Let's hope this trend continues and I can hold it when the bid closes. :D

June 2nd is the next practice bid. Let's see what happens.

Bump

It is an old airplane that is called a Curtiss Commando (C-46). It flew The Hump in World War II. This is my favorite airplane of all time.

How exactly does this big work?

Bump

How exactly does this bid work?

We have a seniority system which means that many of the options we have are handed out in the order you were hired.

For example, every month we have a work schedule bid. This means that we have to bid for our monthly schedules each month and in the order we were hired is who gets to make the first choice. On the Airbus, I am bidding about 267 out of 488 captains. So, there are 266 people in front of me that will get to choose which schedule they want to work. That is called the monthly bid. In a system bid, this means that all the pilots are bidding on which airplanes and which seat (captain, first officer, second officer) they want to fly. These are also filled in the seniority order. (First hired gets the first choice.) In the overall system, I am bidding in the low 1300's out of 4700 plus pilots. Now you have to choose between three things, airplane, seat position, and domicile. For example, the MD-11 has three domiciles, Memphis, Anchorage and Los Angeles. The A-300 has three domiciles, Memphis, Hong Kong and the new domicile, Paris. So, you put combinations of what you want to fly and there are a set number of openings in each airplane, seat (captain, first officer, second officer) and domicile combination. When the seats are filled you will get the opening that is available when it is your turn to bid. At the moment, I would be number 27 out of 43. But this is the first practice bid and there will be a couple more before the bid closes. There is a lot that can change.

Hope I have not totally confused you.,

Bump

We have a seniority system which means that many of the options we have are handed out in the order you were hired.

For example, every month we have a work schedule bid. This means that we have to bid for our monthly schedules each month and in the order we were hired is who gets to make the first choice. On the Airbus, I am bidding about 267 out of 488 captains. So, there are 266 people in front of me that will get to choose which schedule they want to work. That is called the monthly bid. In a system bid, this means that all the pilots are bidding on which airplanes and which seat (captain, first officer, second officer) they want to fly. These are also filled in the seniority order. (First hired gets the first choice.) In the overall system, I am bidding in the low 1300's out of 4700 plus pilots. Now you have to choose between three things, airplane, seat position, and domicile. For example, the MD-11 has three domiciles, Memphis, Anchorage and Los Angeles. The A-300 has three domiciles, Memphis, Hong Kong and the new domicile, Paris. So, you put combinations of what you want to fly and there are a set number of openings in each airplane, seat (captain, first officer, second officer) and domicile combination. When the seats are filled you will get the opening that is available when it is your turn to bid. At the moment, I would be number 27 out of 43. But this is the first practice bid and there will be a couple more before the bid closes. There is a lot that can change.

I got it for the most part. The part that confused me before was when you said bid, I was thinking money.

Bump

I got it for the most part. The part that confused me before was when you said bid, I was thinking money.

:lol: Sort of like money. The bigger the airplane, the higher the seat, the more the money. :lol:

For example, next month, on our monthly bid, I was awarded Lubbock. My trips will be back and forth from Memphis to Lubbock and return.

Hello from Puerto Rico! :)

Ohhh I've always wanted to visit there! It looks like such a beautiful laid back type of place!

I will try and take a couple of photographs. Puerto Rico is a beautiful place. For a holiday they have wonderful beaches and it is a very laid back place. :)

No pictures of Puerto Rico... rain, rain and more rain.

More rain than they have every seen in quite a long time.

Oh no!

Well I guess that's a good thing for them.

It makes the vegetation more beautiful, but they had flooding. So it was sort of a good news, bad news situation.

• 2 weeks later...
Third practice bid is out and I am still on it. :D

But...

bad news...

the final bid has been delayed until the end of July. :(

Nuuuuu! The suspense must be killing you! :wacko:

True!!!!!!!!

I hate missing the summer in Paris!!!!!!! My plan was to head over as soon as the bid was awarded and I got a slot.

*cries*

HEY HORATIO

I felt this question was too trivial for its own tawpeek in the Questions Forum place, so I'm asking here.

Would it be alright to make a tawpeek (Tall Peak?) where people can post humorous pictures they they either made themselves or found on the internet, as long as the pictures are appropriate and have no links on them?

*sees Arkcher lurking, yet again*

Just got a lot of drama happening offline, events that need attending and travels I get drafted in to.

And I usually leave HD open in a tab on Firefox, and forget to close it, being distracted with like 8 others. :c

yeah, no, My dad still doesnt have a job after four months. This whole hope-y change-y thing sure it working out for America. :­D

Ridiculous financial strain on us locally, and suddenly our other distant relatives get us dragged in to their troubles what with abusive relationships and restraining orders and deaths in the family and bumming money off of us, when we don't really have anything to hand out.

so i'm still around, carry about your merry way, I'll get back in the internets action soon enough. Just need to sort things out that affect me more directly.

HEY HORATIO

I felt this question was too trivial for its own tawpeek in the Questions Forum place, so I'm asking here.

Would it be alright to make a tawpeek (Tall Peak?) where people can post humorous pictures they they either made themselves or found on the internet, as long as the pictures are appropriate and have no links on them?

That would be a phenomenal idea!!!

Please do it! :D

*hands MK some freshly baked cookiecakes for her efforts*

*sees Arkcher lurking, yet again*

Just got a lot of drama happening offline, events that need attending and travels I get drafted in to.

And I usually leave HD open in a tab on Firefox, and forget to close it, being distracted with like 8 others. :c

yeah, no, My dad still doesnt have a job after four months. This whole hope-y change-y thing sure it working out for America. :­D

Ridiculous financial strain on us locally, and suddenly our other distant relatives get us dragged in to their troubles what with abusive relationships and restraining orders and deaths in the family and bumming money off of us, when we don't really have anything to hand out.

so i'm still around, carry about your merry way, I'll get back in the internets action soon enough. Just need to sort things out that affect me more directly.

*gives Arkcher a hug*

That stinks. I sure hope that your father gets the job he wants soon. Financial strain is awful.

As for those other relatives... GRRRRRRR.

Sorry to hear you had deaths in the family.

We are here for you if you ever want to talk.

New Paris update... the bid is due to close the 31st of July!!!!!

On the 1st of August I will know if I am moving to Paris!

WHOOOOO HOOO !!!!!!!!

o:

well that'd be pretty cool.