Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Yay another active topic! I'm overly excited about this. Anyway traveling abroad is an experience I have not been able to enjoy yet, so I hope you will enjoy it yourself. I am sure it will add a lot to your perspective of things.

I just noticed they have "like" buttons here. Freaky how much facebook really has spread into the corners of the internet.

I totally missed that Tibs was going to China XD Have fun, you!

I've actually seen "like" buttons on forums before, but it's normally in a "thanks" or "reputation" system. The "like" button does make it FaceBook-y XD

If Facebook is lurking now, it makes sense with the "Like" buttons. :lol:

I see Tibfoff goes to China soon, how exciting!

Unfortunately no. :(

I picked up a trip where I flew between Anchorage and Newark with the most beautiful Kodiak bear. He was on his way to Olso for his new home from Anchorage. At nine months, he had been orphaned. Without the skills that his mother would teach him, until age three, his chances of survival were very slim. He was rescued and now at three years, he is on his way to his new home. It was absolutely fantastic as the handlers allowed me to feed him some fruit. For me, this was really, really exciting.

Anyway, because of this trip, I was not in China, but the USA. How are you doing speaking Mandarin or Cantonese? Are you able to eat anything using chopsticks? Are you taking lots of pictures on this adventure? Please let us know how it is going. I am so sorry that we were unable to have a cup of tea in China together.

Unfortunately no. :(

I picked up a trip where I flew between Anchorage and Newark with the most beautiful Kodiak bear. He was on his way to Olso for his new home from Anchorage. At nine months, he had been orphaned. Without the skills that his mother would teach him, until age three, his chances of survival were very slim. He was rescued and now at three years, he is on his way to his new home. It was absolutely fantastic as the handlers allowed me to feed him some fruit. For me, this was really, really exciting.

Anyway, because of this trip, I was not in China, but the USA. How are you doing speaking Mandarin or Cantonese? Are you able to eat anything using chopsticks? Are you taking lots of pictures on this adventure? Please let us know how it is going. I am so sorry that we were unable to have a cup of tea in China together.

The trip is going great now, I'm NOT ready for it to be over in a few days. To be honest, I HATED the program I was part of through my school. I hated the people, not one person that I got along with so that really put a damper on my trip. Now that I'm in Shanghai though, with people that I actually like, I really don't want to leave. I love this city so much, and I can't wait to come back next year for 11 months. My Mandarin has improved SO much! And yes, I've been using chopsticks for years since I eat so much sushi, and at least 20 native Chinese people have told me I use chopsticks better than they do. ^_^

I am so sorry to hear that inititally your trip was not a great experience for you because of the people, but I like hearing that you are now with people you like and this has made the trip much better. Shanghai is a great city. You are coming back next year for eleven months????? WOW!!! Will you be in Shanghai the entire time at the university or in a variety of cities? How thrilling you will have this opportunity! When you do return?

As for the use of chopsticks... you will have to teach me. I am not so good, no, I am awful using chopsticks. The last time I was there, I was having such a hard time, that a Chinese lady saw me struggling and asked the waitress to bring me a fork. Somehow I find the Japanese chopsticks a little easier to use than the Chinese chopsticks. I know that sounds strange. I am still working on it.

To answer your first post... click on the bottom right "More Reply Options" and this will take you to a place to post and underneath the box is the "Attach Files" option.

As I am off to bed, I will have to respond to your post first thing tomorrow morning.