PARIS !!!!!  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I move to Paris?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know.

On 2/13/2020 at 7:16 PM, The Biggest Fan Of Fuzzy said:

ūüĎč

TBFOF!!!  WOW!!!  I am so sad that I missed being here when you and Lexxscrapham were here.  How are you?  How is life treating you?  What are you doing?  Please, fill me in!

On 2/14/2020 at 7:30 AM, lexxscrapham said:

ūüĎč

WOW!!!  Lexxscrapham, I am so sorry to have missed you.  What are you doing with yourself these days?  What is happening in your life.  I really would like to hear from you!

Unfortunately, I missed wishing everyone a Happy Valentine's Day.  I was accomplishing this marathon drive from the Florida Keys to Utah, to Las Vegas and then back to Utah.  I was attempting to take care of some details in Florida before heading back to Utah.  I drove the twenty-seven hundred miles, in less than forty-six hours.  It was drive, stop for gas, drive, stop for more gas, drive, stop for even more gas, until I needed to get a little sleep in the car, and repeat.  The very first thing I did when I arrived home, was to take a long, hot shower.  We are making a move from Utah to Nevada by the end of the month, so I hope to put an end to my cross-country driving career very shortly.

We've just been trying for the last year but we've not been consistent, that's all haha well she's definitely going to earn an ice cream but she hasn't pooped on it so no new dress, and peeing is iffy on it so she may not earn a doll this week lol

On 2/20/2020 at 7:42 AM, Horatio said:

TBFOF!!!  WOW!!!  I am so sad that I missed being here when you and Lexxscrapham were here.  How are you?  How is life treating you?  What are you doing?  Please, fill me in!

Hello! 

Not too much to report these days. Still living in NYC. I quit my job Spring 2019 to "find myself" - as all the millennials seem to be doing these days. Never "found myself", but definitely enjoyed my year (omg I can't believe it's almost been a year) off. At this point I'm interviewing to get back into what I was doing before, just to have an income. 

Hoping to save up some $$ within the next year and move to Amsterdam in Spring/Summer 2021. 

How are you doing, Horatio?

WOW!!!  Incredible.  Ha, ha, ha!  Some people never "find themselves".   Unfortunately, money is a necessity to have a roof over your head, food on the table and do some of those things you like to do, such as buy clothes and have dinner out.  I love Amsterdam.  You will absolutely love living there.  Then, I will come over and visit you.  A year off.  That is wonderful to have some time to think about what you would like to do.  You will be working for a very, very long time, so enjoy your life whilst you are young.  You are well qualified, so you will find a job fast.  I am certain that you will save the money that you are planning on.  

Life is terrific.  We just finished a move from Utah to Nevada.  I am still playing with my camera, taking photographs of anything and everything.  Ninety-nine percent are junk, but in that last one percent, I am fortunate to find one I like.  Are you still taking photographs?  You really have a very good eye and I hope that you continue with your photography.  I am enjoying many new hobbies.  Jewellery making and rock hounding for the rocks that I use for my jewellery.  

I will be back.  

How is everyone doing during this stressful time?  What are you doing to get through this stressful time?

I have decided to take at least ten photographs, everyday.  The subject does not matter.  It is just the process that matters.  I have taken some very strange images in the last week, rocks, roadside litter, bugs, anything that catches my eye.  I will start posting images that I think you might enjoy.

Would everyone please stay safe during this time of uncertainty?  Practice at least two metres/six feet between other people, use a tissue or your sleeve when you cough or sneeze, wash your hands for at least twenty seconds and do not touch your face with your hands.

Take care and be well.

Horatio

I'm here, I'm safe, and I'm healthy. I'm "essential" as a supermarket employee, so no forced extended vacation for me. I'm already a homebody so not going out except work isn't much of a struggle, esp since my main source of socializing has been Discord and Twitch for three years now. MacKenzie is having difficulty adjusting bc she doesn't really understand why she can't go play with other little kids at the park. She doesn't understand being sick; she's only had one cold in her life, so long ago she wouldn't remember it.

I'm worried about getting sick, because there are people out on leave in my store with "pneumonia" (read, undiagnosed but showing symptoms...) and 50 in my county have managed test positive. If I get sick, it's going to be a nightmare bc while I'm healthy and have no underlying conditions, we live with my over-70, diabetic, cancer-stricken, breathing-impaired father in law, who rather conveniently pays the rent. Which I cannot afford by myself. But we pay for our own food, so if I just stay home and forgo earning my paycheck, I can't feed my family. [unrelated - I have never spelled out "forgo" before and it looks weird]

So I'm stressed. But I'm working in a job that makes me happy, and helps people stay out of my store, which is even more important these days. I work in order fulfillment, which is basically a 9-hour scavenger hunt throughout the store every day, as I pick out products people ordered online for curbside pickup. It's fun! I get plenty of exercise (average 20K steps a day) and my coworkers are fun.

Stay safe, please. As absent as I am, this place and the people in it are important to me.

Topazia!!!  Thank you for the update.  
Thank goodness you are healthy and working.  I am pleased that you are happy with your job.  Twenty thousand steps a day?!?!?!?  You must sleep very well at night.  

Only one cold???  That is fantastic!  Whatever you are doing, keep it up!  It is so hard to see young children not be able to go outside and then they are too young to understand why not.  How old is MacKenzie now?  It seems like only yesterday that she was born.

The stress of worrying about not catching this virus, can wear down your immune system. Please follow the guidelines of washing your hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds, do not touch your face with your hands, and cover your face with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough or sneeze.  These guidelines should help you stay safe throughout your life.  

i will be back in a little while to finish this conversation.

IT'S BACK! THE BOARDS ARE ALIVE!!!!

Yes, I agree.  Great news.

How are you continuing to do during this very different period of our lives?  How is work?  Are you still as busy?  

Not much to report here.  Things are still the same.  I am taking quite a number of indoor images.   For example, I am playing with my food,  LOL!!!  Exactly what you teach MacKenzie not to do.  Today I am going to play with oil and water.  We will see how that turns out.  Perhaps this will be one photographic adventure that will be best conducted outdoors.  LOL!!!

Photos - 62 of 81.jpeg

Life is continuing much as normal lately, just with no park outings for the little one. I got a promotion, and we're very busy, which is good. My department keeps people out of the store.

That's such a cool looking picture!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You obviously are working hard and your managers noticed.  I will be right back with more images.

The COVID-19 virus has certainly changed our lives.  The big question is how is everyone coping?  One fact to consider, Anne Frank was in a four hundred fifty square foot attic, not able to make a sound, for over two years.  She never left the attic for over two years.  We can make it through this.

Yesterday was - Kat's - birthday.  Every single day this month, I was thinking that I needed to remember to wish her a happy birthday, even up to the very night prior.   Well, here I am a day late.  I totally missed her special day.  Happy Belated Birthday - Kat -.

Pink Hibiscus.jpeg

so many beautiful pictures, as always. My life hasn't changed a whole lot since this whole thing. I still go to work, I still come home and play with MacKenzie before bed, and I still try to do art at night. Were I in a different field of work, it'd probably be a very different story haha!

Topazia, thank you for your comment.  I appreciate hearing this.  

The terrific news is that you are still working.  Is your husband working?  Hopefully, he is.  MacKenzie must look forward to accomplishing art with her mother every evening.  I always remember doing art with my mother.  It was always such a special time.

Let me see what other photographs I can post.  I have been playing with flowers and food these past weeks.  Some photographs are good, some are not so good.  It took me about seventy photographs for me to be happy about the result.  The good news, it passes quite a bit of time.