380 replies to this topic

#341 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:48 PM

heyyyy that last sentence sounds familiar. :rolleyes: *cough* Anyways, you know we're always here to talk to. ^_^

#342 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66,951 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:35 AM

Natalie has gone back to Cyprus and I don't think I'll ever see her again. She didn't even say goodbye: how very social of her. :rolleyes: Oh well, I'm not exactly crying about it.

Today was good, I got a lot of things done that needed to be done and the weather was NUTS. Even though I'm going home in less than a week I'm running out of things, so I have tp buy more things or risk being without them (e.g. I'm so used to buying in bulk now that it's hard to find the food products I want in small amounts for some reason). I have another riding lesson tomorrow, so wish me luck with the cantering!

I'm a bit down regarding my best friend who hasn't spoken to me in almost 3 weeks. It's like she doesn't care anymore. But THAT is one long story.

*waves goodbye to Natalie*

The weather here is nuts!!! For the last week, try not to buy too much bulk. LOL

Good luck with the cantering. This will be easy for you. Actually it is much easier than trotting when you learn to relax. The flow of the gait is very smooth. You will love when you learn to do a flying change of leads. That is great fun. The only advice that I can give is to concentrate on sitting the back of your bottom deep into the saddle and make sure your weight is directed towards that point. Then flow with the horse. You are going to do great! :D

Best friends... tough one. I hope things change and she starts talking to you again. When you feel like talking... we always are ready for long stories.

#343 Jesse

Jesse

Jesse The Timber Wolf

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,973 posts
  • Interests:Math, French, music, wolves, and charging aardvarks

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:55 PM

I think your ecosystem has stretched across to connecticut, cause we've been getting tons and tons of rain ourselves. Good luck tomorrow, I'm sure you'll do well.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Maybe she's just busy with summer? Just make sure you haven't given her a reason to back off or anything. I say that because I'm on the other end of that with a friend (not bff, haven't had that privilege). Almost two weeks. It's helping me calm down about stuff though. I hope.

#344 LifesEagle

LifesEagle

I rule the Universe

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,730 posts
  • Interests:Hi! I like Hamsters, but I prefer cats. I found this site in a book, called "The Best 500 Sites on the Web". I love all the dances, It is so cool.

NB. This was written in around 2003

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:50 PM

I've had a great day today! ^_^ I didn't know anyone there except for one person but it turned out to be REALLY fun. None of us knew out lines and we had only 7 hours to film 3 scenes (sounds like a lot, but bear in mind that we had to learn our lines/block/set up props/change costumes/wait for people who were late/one key cast member had to leave us for 2 hours). We couldn't stop laughing through the whole thing, we now have tons of private jokes and some interesting footage. After the filming was done - literally a minute before security came in to chuck us out - we went out onto the lawn outside and had a barbeque there. We used those disposable ones you can buy that never seem to light, but the two we had DID and we cooked some sausages and beefburgers. It was really fun, even though smoke kept on choking us! One girl made strange banana splits by putting chocolate into split bananas and wrapping them in foil which were really nice. WE got away with most of our meal before security came over to tell us that fires were forbidden and because we had burnt the grass they may have to charge us and took our uni IDs, but she was nice about it and even asked us if we had a chance to eat first! We then went to the pub to chill out and play snakes and ladders on a board that was printed right onto the table. After spending 12 solid hours with people I didn't know before today and who I now get on really well with I'm feeling really good!

... or at least I WAS until, on the way back (the pub is just round the corner but I was going in a different direction to the rest of the group) a group of guys just inside my uni accomadtion (I live inside a complex that's protected by a main gate then divided into separate blocks, then separate flats, then separate rooms) started to follow me and one guy wouldn't leave me alone. He even got inside the block and trie to kiss me and I had no protection in there whatsoever bar cameras. It was really scary and I just made my excuses and ran into the flat. It was quite worrying and a rather dull downer to an otherwise brilliant day. I'm very happy! I can't wait to see the film footage (editing should be done in a month).

I'll tell you the story of my best friend another time as I'm drained right now. Phew!

#345 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,951 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:42 PM

Sounds like spectacular day save for those guys just before you got back to your room.
Please try and put those guys behind you and focus on the positive.

We want to see the final video!!!

Glad today was a success.

#346 Jesse

Jesse

Jesse The Timber Wolf

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,973 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:29 PM

(Delayed reaction, again) Yea, I had one of those experiences with a bunch of girls (minus the kiss attempt). The first night I got to college. >_< It will a little awkward seeing such people after the fact, but make as little confrontation as possible and maybe you can forget that they exist. :P Glad you had a good day.

#347 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,951 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:37 AM

I'm certain you have heard about Michael Jackson's passing.

#348 LifesEagle

LifesEagle

I rule the Universe

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,730 posts
  • Interests:Hi! I like Hamsters, but I prefer cats. I found this site in a book, called "The Best 500 Sites on the Web". I love all the dances, It is so cool.

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:25 PM

(Delayed reaction, again) Yea, I had one of those experiences with a bunch of girls (minus the kiss attempt). The first night I got to college. >_< It will a little awkward seeing such people after the fact, but make as little confrontation as possible and maybe you can forget that they exist. :P Glad you had a good day.

I had a creepy guy make a pass at me on MY first night as well. Looks like trauma is THE thing to have before you start your studies! It was just a bit of a shock, really, and it ruined such a good day.

I heard about Michael Jackson about 12 hours after the rest of the universe, so it was indeed a real shock. My cousin who I must have mentioned before (who is a MASSIVE fan) was more upset than I've ever seen her: she culdn't stop crying and she NEVER cries. It has been her dream for over 10 years to see him perform and I have never seen her so happy as when I told her that we had tickets to go see him. It was pretty sad, he was such an icon to so many.

I'm at home now, preparing for my trip to South Africa for 6 weeks: I'm going on Wednesday. I have so much to prepare it's not even funny. Still, I spared some time to watch "My Sister's Keeper" last night (and gawp with horror at the changed ending as I have read the book with relish in the past) and I just finished "Capote" right now. Too many films, too little time spent buying malaria tablets.

#349 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:33 PM

I had a creepy guy make a pass at me on MY first night as well. Looks like trauma is THE thing to have before you start your studies! It was just a bit of a shock, really, and it ruined such a good day.

I heard about Michael Jackson about 12 hours after the rest of the universe, so it was indeed a real shock. My cousin who I must have mentioned before (who is a MASSIVE fan) was more upset than I've ever seen her: she culdn't stop crying and she NEVER cries. It has been her dream for over 10 years to see him perform and I have never seen her so happy as when I told her that we had tickets to go see him. It was pretty sad, he was such an icon to so many.

I'm at home now, preparing for my trip to South Africa for 6 weeks: I'm going on Wednesday. I have so much to prepare it's not even funny. Still, I spared some time to watch "My Sister's Keeper" last night (and gawp with horror at the changed ending as I have read the book with relish in the past) and I just finished "Capote" right now. Too many films, too little time spent buying malaria tablets.

lol :lol: Fun fact: One of the medications my dad was prescribed for his wrist is actually used as a malaria treatment :rolleyes:

#350 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,951 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:53 AM

Six weeks in South Africa... how wonderful. May I please go with you???

#351 LifesEagle

LifesEagle

I rule the Universe

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,730 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:16 PM

Soooo, South Africa voyaging tomorrow. I'm quite scared about spending 6 weeks in the company of (mostly) perfect strangers in the middle of nowhere with deadly animals. At least my cousin will be with me, but due to her learning difficulties it'll be quite a difficult few weeks. Right now I'm trying to deal with the no-more-than-20kg rule airlines enforce so much nowadays. YOU WILL CARRY MY LUGGAGE AND YOU WILL LIKE IT.

My mum won't stop picking on me about my weight, though, so the last few days have been really taxing.

Maybe I'll be able to log on/post things on FB while I'm away. We'll see. If not, see you all in 6 weeks!

#352 Jesse

Jesse

Jesse The Timber Wolf

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,973 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

Have a good trip LE!

#353 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,951 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:32 PM

Maybe I'll be able to log on/post things on FB while I'm away. We'll see. If not, see you all in 6 weeks!

Excuse me...

the above should read:
Maybe I'll be able to log on/post things on Hampsterdance while I'm away.

You will be missed. Enjoy the time, if you can. Hope things aren't too stressful with your cousin.
We want pictures. Please post some on your return.

Forget about your weight. Your mother should not be picking on you about this. You had a most stressful year and stress manifests itself in many ways. Just enjoy your trip.

We will be waiting for you.

#354 LifesEagle

LifesEagle

I rule the Universe

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,730 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:05 AM

Boo! I am currently in an internet cafe just south of Kruger National park. It's AMAZING here. It's winter but it's still really hot. So far I've bene on an elephant ride, held a vulture, stroked a baby rhino, kissed a hippo on the nose, collected elephant food, camped out in the rain, had my fortune told by a real-live witch doctor, seen an orphanage and had breakfast while watching giraffes do the same across the watering hole. It's just crazy. I'm having so much fun and the food is GREAT. The people here are lovely and even the chores yesterday (our group was cooking) was fun. Africa is as beautfiful as everyone thinks it is: that and more.

My internet access is rather sparodic so I should be able to post something new soon. I miss talking to you all.

TIA! ^_^
  • Jesusfreak and The Biggest Fan Of Fuzzy like this

#355 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,951 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

Boo! I am currently in an internet cafe just south of Kruger National park. It's AMAZING here. It's winter but it's still really hot. So far I've bene on an elephant ride, held a vulture, stroked a baby rhino, kissed a hippo on the nose, collected elephant food, camped out in the rain, had my fortune told by a real-live witch doctor, seen an orphanage and had breakfast while watching giraffes do the same across the watering hole. It's just crazy. I'm having so much fun and the food is GREAT. The people here are lovely and even the chores yesterday (our group was cooking) was fun. Africa is as beautfiful as everyone thinks it is: that and more.

My internet access is rather sparodic so I should be able to post something new soon. I miss talking to you all.

TIA! ^_^

We miss you too!

Have a spectacular time and collect a lot of pictures to show us when you return.
  • Jesusfreak likes this

#356 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:45 PM

TIA! ^_^

We miss you too!

Have a spectacular time and collect a lot of pictures to show us when you return.

Haha, I was just going to say to take pictures. :lol:

#357 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,951 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:03 PM

TIA! ^_^

We miss you too!

Haha, I was just going to say to take pictures. :lol:

I did good! :D

#358 LifesEagle

LifesEagle

I rule the Universe

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,730 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:40 PM

Hey, guys. Hope you all are well. I've had a troubling few days, mainly regarding my mum making life so uncomfortable for me that I essentially had to out myself before I was ready. And guess what? My mum doesn't "believe" me, thinks it's a phase, etc. etc. WEll, that's the short story, at least.

Oh, yeah: and the person I'm in love with doesn't want me.

On the plus side, the weather was beautiful today.

#359 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:42 AM

Hey, guys. Hope you all are well. I've had a troubling few days, mainly regarding my mum making life so uncomfortable for me that I essentially had to out myself before I was ready. And guess what? My mum doesn't "believe" me, thinks it's a phase, etc. etc. WEll, that's the short story, at least.

>_< *hugs*

#360 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,951 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:32 PM

Welcome back. You were missed.

*joins in the hug with Jesusfreak*

Love... what a rollercoaster ride.
Doesn't make the heart hurt any less, but hopefully you find the man of your dreams and he is madly in love with you.

As for your mum... on top of everything else, you don't need more stress. I'm so sorry that you are going through all this.
We are here for you.

And... where are the pictures from your holiday?
We are waiting for those South African action shots!

Even Leguan has posted some pictures of his weekend bike ride.
Check out his topic. Great photographs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users