1488 replies to this topic

#41 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66,957 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:27 AM

13 more days until I get news about the university stuff :D Oct. 17th is the date.

^_^ You'll get in. You're too smart to reject. :) That's the day after my dad's birthday. Wierd. I still need to buy him something...

Well then, you're dad's birthday is the same day as a math team event. :P Not that he would care much.

Being an engineer, he might appreciate that. So far I got him a calendar featuring scenic outhouses (camp joke). I want to see about finding him some lemon cookies or something else he likes too. He's a tough one to get gifts for, because he doesn't play golf and hates wearing ties. :rolleyes:

What kind of engineer???? Civil, mechanical, etc. ...?
In the grocery store are these killer lemon and ginger cookies by a company called Carr (if I remember correctly). They should be in the cookie area, but usually off in their own special section just for Carr products. They make all kinds of crackers, cookies, etc. These are really superb. Crabtree and Evelyn also makes a wonderful lemon cookie. I especially like both these cookies with lemon sorbet.
:D :D :D

I prefer lemon and lime bars. ^.^

Lemon and lime bars??? Ohhhh, those sound so good. Who makes the best one and where do you find them?

#42 Mushroom_king

Mushroom_king

I'll See You On The Dark Side Of The Moon!

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,828 posts
  • Interests:Music, Vihjoe James, Internets, reading/writing, steampunk, anime, science, and general geekdom

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:31 AM

13 more days until I get news about the university stuff :D Oct. 17th is the date.

^_^ You'll get in. You're too smart to reject. :) That's the day after my dad's birthday. Wierd. I still need to buy him something...

Well then, you're dad's birthday is the same day as a math team event. :P Not that he would care much.

Being an engineer, he might appreciate that. So far I got him a calendar featuring scenic outhouses (camp joke). I want to see about finding him some lemon cookies or something else he likes too. He's a tough one to get gifts for, because he doesn't play golf and hates wearing ties. :rolleyes:

In the grocery store are these killer lemon and ginger cookies by a company called Carr (if I remember correctly). They should be in the cookie area, but usually off in their own special section just for Carr products. They make all kinds of crackers, cookies, etc. These are really superb. Crabtree and Evelyn also makes a wonderful lemon cookie. I especially like both these cookies with lemon sorbet.

Lemon and lime bars??? Ohhhh, those sound so good. Who makes the best one and where do you find them?

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

Horatio, if you ever go to England, I recomend you try two things: Jelly Babies and Cadbury Flakes.

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domien*~*

#43 Cheesus

Cheesus

Super-cheese!

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,539 posts
  • Interests:Hampsterdanceboards and video games + a lot of other stuffs. XD

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:35 AM

krusteaz. 'O' they come in a white box in a grocery store. I'm not sure if they wold be in florida or something. You might hve to come all the way to maryland! But then again, you do go up to ny just for a bagel...

#44 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,957 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:50 AM

Horatio, if you ever go to England, I recomend you try two things: Jelly Babies and Cadbury Flakes.

Writes this down in my special book.
Thank you!

#45 Mushroom_king

Mushroom_king

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,828 posts
  • Interests:Music, Vihjoe James, Internets, reading/writing, steampunk, anime, science, and general geekdom

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:52 AM

Thank you!

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cy=ut*~*

Hey, what happend to the Madiason Square Garden pic you were gonna show me?

i should ask my mom if I can visit Heaven The Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame.

*~*the Psychedelic luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~&*

#46 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,957 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:58 AM

krusteaz. 'O' they come in a white box in a grocery store. I'm not sure if they wold be in florida or something. You might hve to come all the way to maryland! But then again, you do go up to ny just for a bagel...

Right now Maryland is having some flooding problems, so I will wait. But believe me, I will come to Maryland for some of these cookies. LOL

#47 Cheesus

Cheesus

Super-cheese!

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,539 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 09:00 AM

Right now Maryland is having some flooding problems, so I will wait. But believe me, I will come to Maryland for some of these cookies. LOL

Not exactly cookies. But soft bars, and you out powdered sugar on top. Yummeh. ^.^

#48 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,957 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 09:05 AM

Thank you!

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cy=ut*~*

Hey, what happend to the Madiason Square Garden pic you were gonna show me?

i should ask my mom if I can visit Heaven The Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame.

*~*the Psychedelic luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~&*

I thought I posted it, but if I didn't, it is gone now. It disappeared when they changed my hard drive. :(

Not exactly cookies. But soft bars, and you out powdered sugar on top. Yummeh. ^.^

I have entered the name and description in my special book, right next to Mushroom_king's suggestion.
Thank you sir!

#49 Mushroom_king

Mushroom_king

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 09:09 AM

*Takes Candy* *Thinks I should be more resourcful with them besides the Meat Grinder* *Throws them at Arkcher*

*~*The psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

#50 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 01:40 AM

My dad is a mechanical engineer (even though his degree is in aerospace :rolleyes: ) Yeah, dad likes sour things, like those sour Altoids candies. We usually make a lemon birthday cake for him, and mom adds extra lemon joice to the mix. It's really good! ^_^

#51 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,957 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 09:29 AM

My dad is a mechanical engineer (even though his degree is in aerospace :rolleyes: ) Yeah, dad likes sour things, like those sour Altoids candies. We usually make a lemon birthday cake for him, and mom adds extra lemon joice to the mix. It's really good! ^_^

That is sooooo cool!!! There are lots of aerospace folks in this area. (Cape Canaveral). It is great to listen to the talk about cool toys. After all when you get to send rockets into space, everything else must be a let down. :lol:

#52 Cheesus

Cheesus

Super-cheese!

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,539 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 10:21 AM

really good cake = lemon jello poke cake. You make a yellow cake, any brand, really. When it is done, you poke a bunch of holes in the top with a fork, and pour lemon jello over it. let it soak in, and put it in the fridge overnight. Next morning, put whipped cream on top. SO GOOD!

#53 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,957 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:52 AM

really good cake = lemon jello poke cake. You make a yellow cake, any brand, really. When it is done, you poke a bunch of holes in the top with a fork, and pour lemon jello over it. let it soak in, and put it in the fridge overnight. Next morning, put whipped cream on top. SO GOOD!

This cake is for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

#54 Cheesus

Cheesus

Super-cheese!

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,539 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 01:40 PM

the cake i use is duncan hynes yellow. ;)

#55 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,957 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:04 AM

the cake i use is duncan hynes yellow. ;)

Yummmmmmmmm! Good one!!!

#56 Cheesus

Cheesus

Super-cheese!

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,539 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:41 PM

Now i want lemon bars and poke cake and stuffs...

#57 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,957 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:59 PM

Now i want lemon bars and poke cake and stuffs...

*munches on a Carr's ginger and lemon creme cookie*
*smiles contentedly*

Would you like to try a few? :lol:

#58 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:15 AM

That sounds really good! I guess you could do that with any flavor of jellow and cake really. Chocolate cake and strawberry jello sounds really good.

#59 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,957 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:02 PM

That sounds really good! I guess you could do that with any flavor of jellow and cake really. Chocolate cake and strawberry jello sounds really good.

Okay... no more cake talk. LOL
All I have thought about was coconut cake, lemon cake, birthday cake, cake cake... LOL
How about switching the discussion to Squid or something that I have no desire to eat. :lol:

#60 Jesse

Jesse

Jesse The Timber Wolf

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,973 posts
  • Interests:Math, French, music, wolves, and charging aardvarks

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:16 PM

*looks at cake discussion and blinks*

Anyway, 6 more days left until I know. And I've been very busy with marching band this week. :wacko: 3 rehearsal days in a row.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users