Photo

Best friend of horatio club!

• Please log in to reply
8051 replies to this topic

Poll: PARIS !!!!! (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I move to Paris?

1. Yes (9 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. I don't know. (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#8041 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66,883 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:03 PM

Well, here comes Hurricane Marie.  The big question is... will the hurricane traverse Florida???

#8042 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,883 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:04 PM

Well, here comes Hurricane Marie.  The big question is... will the hurricane traverse Florida???

#8043 Topazia

Topazia

^Don't Touch! I may shock you.^

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts
  • Interests:God, Cats, Music, Books, Poetry, Life, Love, The Past, The future, Now, Then, Here, There, You, Me, Us, The end, The middle, The beginning, Over there, Down here, Right next to you, My left foot, Your right ear, His small intestine, Her cerebral cortex, Did I mention God?

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:20 PM

She better bleeping not.

I don't think she will, though.

Thankfully Sean went back to work on Wednesday, so now it's just me and the banshee all day. Which is fine :D MacKenzie is whining in her crib because she needs to sleep and doesn't want to yet. But she's doing well. She can sort of say block. I'm still working on the colors, though. I'm so glad to hear you escaped largely unscathed! Yay for power and hot water!!

#8044 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,883 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:01 PM

It looks like Hurricane Marie has done enough damage in the islands, and now she will be out in the Atlantic where she can not do anymore damage.  

MacKenzie sounds just like her mother.  LOL!!!  She will write her first novel before she is three.  

Yes, I am happy that Irma left all of our trees upright.  As soon as we have all of the necessities, power, internet and telephones, then we will be back to normal.  Hot water is always a must, and soon, we plan on completing the installation of a whole house generator.  That will be very, very nice.  Hot water for showers, before, during and after the hurricanes.  

The past few days, I have been going to the Memphis Botanical Gardens and taking pictures.  Hopefully, I have mastered the water lilies.  Each and every day, they are different.  So, if you do not get a good picture one day, that flower might just be totally gone the next day.  Today there were about seven or so yellow water lilies in this one group.  This was quite beautiful, but also hard to photograph.  

#8045 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,883 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:14 PM

Topazia... I was in Ocala this morning.  Did you see me waving to you and MacKenzie?

#8046 Topazia

Topazia

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts
  • Interests:God, Cats, Music, Books, Poetry, Life, Love, The Past, The future, Now, Then, Here, There, You, Me, Us, The end, The middle, The beginning, Over there, Down here, Right next to you, My left foot, Your right ear, His small intestine, Her cerebral cortex, Did I mention God?

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

I thought I saw a familiar paw in the distance lol

#8047 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,883 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

Your town looked really good.  Down in our town, we have lots and lots of branches and trees down.  Of course, the trees have been cut up into little bits, but the city is just not picking up the yard waste debris.  Hopefully, soon it will be all removed.  My backyard has a huge pile of debris.  Last night, I heard a loud noise.  I was not going outside to see what the noise was, so I decided that I would wait until this morning to see.  The biggest branch, about twenty feet long, landed just inches from the car.  PHEW!!!  I was stunned that it did not hit the car.  The branch surrounded the front and side of the car.  

Any news on that little daughter of yours?  What antics is she up to now?  I hope that you are enjoying your time home with MacKenzie.  

It is time for me to get back to work on the yard.  At least one more hour before the light disappears.

#8048 Topazia

Topazia

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:03 PM

Oh there's still a ton of yards with ridiculously high debris piles. Some trees haven't even been dealt with yet. But we are far better off than other places. Wow! Thank goodness your car was okay!

She's whiny and clingy and generally crabby. But she's also cutting three teeth at the same time. She's good otherwise XD Getting very quick with the walking. Such a sense of humor. And she loves to dance to music, but is still a little confused as to why she suddenly wants to move, so she'll bounce a little and then look at us for approval lol She also learned hugs are amazing and now she likes to give us hugs all the time.

#8049 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,883 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:20 PM

Your city did a good job of leaving the debris where only the residents would see it.  For passersby, it looks great.  

We have those same debris piles.  But, you never see any trucks.  It seems like all of the trucks in our area, must be down in the Keys.  They certainly are not here.  

As for the car, I still can not believe that it did not hit the car anywhere.  That is definitely divine intervention.  

If I was teething, I most likely would be whiny, clingy and crabby times ten.  Can you use any products like Orajel for babies?  I know it works wonders for adults, but I have no idea if it could be used for a child or a baby.  Poor little girl, that must be painful for her.  Is it not totally the greatest, when you see your little girl with all these great personality traits, such as a good sense of humour?  Dancing to music, is fun, and I can only imagine what is going on in her little mind, when she feels that she has to move to the music.  Hugs... those are amazing.  I am happy that she is hugging you both all the time.  That is wonderful to hear.  Well, I hope the teething phase passes quickly.  So, you had better get a little quicker at moving, as she will soon outrun you.

#8050 Topazia

Topazia

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

There's a potentially fatal complication that very rarely occurs in children under two when you use benzocaine products (like Orajel) that the CDC actually warns about. So we don't use it. We've used clove oil with some success, we're just out right now. She's getting them out. One is already finished breaking through, and it's huge!! It's a top tooth. Lol she already runs me ragged. If she's not getting into the DVDs, she's trying to go into my sister-in-law's craft room or the bathroom or just general toddler mayhem. And yes, my gosh, I love watching her blossom into the little girl she's going to be.

#8051 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,883 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:01 PM

Thank you for the information.  I know that you are well-informed, so I know that you do not mind me asking.  Clove oils sounds interesting.  I am happy to hear that it works.  You will have to attach a picture of her tooth.teeth.    

It is always interesting how much energy little children have.  Although they take naps, it still does not make me think that their little batteries recharge that fast.  I think the energizer bunny goes into their rooms at night and installs super-charged batteries in them.  LOL!!!  

You have no idea, just how much I appreciate hearing about all of MacKenzie's adventures and growing pains.  It is wonderful to be a cyber-part of her life.

Last night, as I was walking on a flat surface, I fell off my shoe.  As I was losing my balance, I compensated with my opposite knee, and twisted it about two hundred seventy degrees.  Oh, did that hurt.  Well, now I am unable to walk.  The worst part, it was not as if I was walking in super high heels, these were flats, with only about one=quarter of an inch from the bottom of my foot to the ground.  So, you ask, how did you almost fall off your shoe?  I wish I knew.  But... it goes to the top of the list as one of the more stupid things I have accomplished.

#8052 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,883 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:22 AM

Rain, rain, go away, please come back another day.  

We have three roof leaks, and all I do is attempt to protect our wood floor, keep the water dripping directly into garbage cans, and then keep checking the plastic on the floor to make sure there are no holes.  This goes okay, until a new leak appears.  At the moment, I am out of garbage cans, plastic buckets and containers.  Hopefully the roof repairman will soon be here.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users