HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66,941 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 09:30 PM

My favorite book, no, books are animorphs, got to be
:hampton  :hado  :dixie  :fuzzy  :hampton
They are EXELLENT.
They are 5 kids that meets an alien called an andanalite that gives them the power to morph. All u have 2 do is touch an animal and u can become it whenever u wish.  But the reason why it happens is because of yeerks, parasetic aliens, if 1 enters ur head it moves ur arms, tilts ur head, even talks the words it wants 2 say and u can't move even a finger.  But over 3 days without any kandrona rays and it dies.  If u stay in morph 4 over 2 hours u stay in that body 4ever.  The 5 kids attack the yeerks and just about stay alive.  In 1 book they find a different andanalite- Ax (Aximili-Esgarroth-Isthill)- younger brother of the andanalite who gave them the morphing power.

Would you please tell me the author?  

Thanks!!!    :D  :D  :D

#42 !_HogwartsHamster_!

!_HogwartsHamster_!

Go Anime!

• HampsterFan
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Location:My place! Where else? Oh! ANIME is cool! Remember that. Always. And sango is the BEST! Forget that. I'm mean remember it. No wait remember only the second thing, not the first. Whoops! I mean remember only both! Yes. That&
  • Interests:Writing, watching inuyasha, and talking

Posted 10 January 2004 - 01:27 PM

Has anyone done a Redwall book?Heres one right now!

Redwall:I give it...... :fuzzy  :hampton  :hado  :dixie  :fuzzy !
It is a very good book aout a abbey that is under the attack of Cluny the Scourge!It was written by Brian Jacques.One of my fav. writers! :D

#43 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,941 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 09:13 AM

The Outsiders, best book.

Cow, thank you for recommending a book.  Would you please let us know the author (if you know it) give it an hampster rating (1 for not so good to 5 for best) and then kind of a brief review.  I would like to hear a little bit about it to know whether or not I would like to go read it.

Please review more books!!!  I love to read!

:D  :D  :D

#44 The Grim Hamster lord

The Grim Hamster lord

Moab Is My Washpot

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 01:44 PM

peirs anthony's books, are interesting and a wonderful read.
for future reference: Xanth looks like Florida.
there is even Lake Ogrechobee.
the rest of the world is Mundania.
cute?

and florida looks like Korea, the cherbourg penninsula, that penninsula where Kwala Lumpa is... etc. etc. etc.

Do you have any Korea author's that you would suggest that we read?  
???  ???  ???

On your next visit to Korea, see if there are some great books that you might want to suggest to the Book Club.

:D  :D  :D

None that have translations.
I will but I went before I joined HD and the next time we are going is well into 2006. We would be going this year but a certain president is stopping us going until all terrorist threats are gone and even if we were able to go through all his security checks and we're able to go they are charging huge amounts of money just to fly over American airspace. However if I haven't forgotten about it I will look for some good Korean author's. If I were native I could tell you some straight off my head but I'm not so.. *shrug*

#45 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,941 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 06:17 PM

I've also just read:

Title - His dark materials trilogy
Author - Philip Pullman
Hampster rating - 5 Hampsters

This trilogy recently came in the top five of a Nationwide pole as to the country's favourite book.  Having read it, I see why.

It makes use of the multiple universe theory and is very, very gripping.  It follows the epic story of Lyra, a girl abandoned as a baby by her parents at an Oxford college, but this is Oxford on another planet.  At first it looks like she will destroy God, but you come to realise that this is not the case.  The Church in her planet is afraid of Dust, which turns out to be concious thought.  Anyway, I don't want to give too much away, but it is certainly well worth the read.

that Trilogy is one of teh best in the world. It is brilliant, spectacular and I think that the Big Read made a mess of teh results. Oh just wait I've said that.

Yes you did, but one comment that was made was that the other four in the top five have all been made into films/TV shows and that 'they' think that some of the people who voted did so from what they had seen on screen rather than through having read the books.  If that really is true, I think it shows the power of His Dark Materials in getting into the top five.

BTW did you cry at all?  I did, in one place in book two and twice in book three.  I won't say what about here as it would give the plot away if anyone is reading them, but perhaps you can guess.

What did you think of Mrs Coulter?  As bad as she was, I really got the feeling that she did love her daughter.

I agree, LOTR was very unheard of in the younger ages groups up until the film came out (I knew about it though. I read the whole thing in Year 6). However The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy was one book that I didn't know got into a film. HP shouldn't have even got into teh top 21, at one point I might have said differently but now that I have looked at some of the very poular books, I can see where she got her ideas from. The invisibility cloak was taken from LOTR where they have the elven cloaks. Yes I agree His Dark Materials probably would have won if it weren't for two things 1) the other books had their own film versions
2) Religous people like to use it as toilet paper.

I cried in places, some pieces were very moving.

I got that feeling as well. Though she did have me thinking where her loyalties were right up until she [can't put this bit in ruins the plot] at the end.

I really enjoyed The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy!!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

#46 cow

cow

I AM AWESOME!

• HampsterFan
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Interests:Putting things in the fan. ...espically my dog.

Posted 01 April 2004 - 09:24 PM

ok...i read a really REALLY good book. i read it in two days...and it usually takes me a long time to finish a book, i was hooked.  It's called  ' Not As Crazy As I Seem '  . It's about this kid who has OCD and when he moves to a new town...and...well, just read it is really funny and kinda sad at the same time...yeah, it's really good. ^_^

#47 Paws

Paws

Junior Hampsterdancer

• HampsterFan
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:40 PM

Name:well, there is a whole series so i'll just write the names of the books that are out in the U.S., and you peoples can just tell me which sounds most interesting. Please reply!
1)Cirque Du Freak:
:(4 hampsters)
2)The vampires Assistant : (4 hampsters)
3)Tunnels of Blood:my favorite! :o  : (5 hampsters)
4)Vampire mountain: my favorite character, Kurda, comes in in this book : (5)
5)Trials of Death:when I reread this book I always say "why, Kurda, why?"  : (5)
6)The Vampire Prince: warning: it is SAD  : (5)
7)Hunters of the Dusk: : (4)

#48 Unknown Cool Girl

Unknown Cool Girl

Newbie Hampsterdancer

• HampsterFan
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 08:29 PM

I kNoW, rEaLLy.

#49 Mastermind

Mastermind

Pop Princess

• HampsterFan
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Location:the land where GEORGE DUBYA BUSH IS NUMBA 1 AGAIN!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Interests:cats, books, animals in general, Elvis, and sports, and, of course, reading, and knitting.

Posted 09 November 2003 - 11:33 AM

ive got it! how about 1 of those chicken soup 4 the soul books?  :))

#50 The Grim Hamster lord

The Grim Hamster lord

Moab Is My Washpot

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 11:53 AM

The name: Artemis Fowl
The Author: Eoin Colfer
The Blurb: Twelve year old Artemis Fowl is a brilliant criminal mastermind. Not even Artemis knows what he's taken on when he kidnaps a fairy, Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon unit. These aren't the fairies of bedtime stories (that Horatio loves so much).These fairies are armed and they're dangerous. Artemis thinks his got them just where he wants them, but then they stop playing by the rules...
My opinion: This is an undescribable peice of Irish litreature. Just wait that sounds rubbish.... O.K new start. Well the blurb doesn't do it justice for it
a) doesn't mention the technology of the faries that I nicked and am using agiainst Horatio
B) Doesn't mention that Artemis is a suprisingly cold, tactical and ruthless boy. Not forgetting he has a witicisim for every insult (sounds like me).
c) doesn't even remotley metion the REAL hero, the Kleptomanatic Dwarf who has a serious case of Dwarven flatuence.
I reccomend this book because it goes away from the Hero and Heroine junk and gives you a refreshing change against the backdrop of Princess' stuck in towers with a fairy princes coming to free them :vomit This has an Anti-hero, a bull troll, a sarcastic centaur who bears resmblances to Sheena and a whole lot of Gold.... Remember that this falls into the Fantasy genre but is the whole diluted Princess rubbish changed into a modern, backstabbing and enjoyable tale of Karate chopping butlers, magic and dwarven flatuence.

Excuse me, how do I bear a resemblence to a sarcastic centaur :penguin  ???  :penguin ?

Read the book and you'll see....

#51 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,941 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 05:08 PM

Oh I thought that you did a great job describing the book.  I am heading down to the library to see if they have the books there.  BTW would you please give a Hampster Rating to your book.  Five Hampsters for outstanding, One Hampster for not great!

Thank you LifesEagle!   :cool:  :D

:hado  :dixie  :hampton  :fuzzy   :hado   :penguin

Five Hampsters and a penguin

I'm glad you enjoy the sound of it!

I recently read "Number Ten" by the same author. I won't rate it today because I'm not on BAM, but at point point, it says that The Queen is a Natzi  :laugh:

The book store is ordering the series for me, some are out of print.  Please tell me which is the first one to read as there is no indication in the ordering process at the book store.   :D

#52 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,941 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 03:11 PM

Oh I thought that you did a great job describing the book.  I am heading down to the library to see if they have the books there.  BTW would you please give a Hampster Rating to your book.  Five Hampsters for outstanding, One Hampster for not great!

Thank you LifesEagle!  

:hado  :dixie  :hampton  :fuzzy   :hado   :penguin

Five Hampsters and a penguin

I'm glad you enjoy the sound of it!

I recently read "Number Ten" by the same author. I won't rate it today because I'm not on BAM, but at point point, it says that The Queen is a Natzi  :laugh:

The book store is ordering the series for me, some are out of print.  Please tell me which is the first one to read as there is no indication in the ordering process at the book store.  

They are in this order:

Adrian Mole aged 13 and three quarters
The Growing Pains of Adrian Mole
The True Confessions of Adrian Albert Mole (and Susan Lillian Townsend)
Adrian Mole: The Wilderness Years
Adrian Mole: The Cappuccino Years

They are out of print? That's unusual. At Amazon.com, you can read the first few pages. The American covers are certainly different to ours.

I really, REALLY enjoyed them when I read them. Never has a book made me laugh so much, ever. The Cappuccino Years will always be my favourite... so, so funny...

:D  Thank you!!!  :D

#53 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,941 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 09:28 PM

Sorry I've been away for a while....

I FINISHED HARRY POTTER FIVE!!!!

Title: Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix

Author: J.K. Rowling

Rating:  :hampton  :dixie  :hado  :fuzzy  :hampton

Synopsis: harry at his fifth year at hogwarts. there is a new defense against the dark arts teacher who is a woman. the new quidditch keeper in gryffindor is.....(read it to find out). plus, someone will die! but you must read it! also you find out why voldemort wants to kill harry and why he didn't die when he was a baby.

there is also some other books that I think are very funny, even though I have not read them yet. Barry Trotter. by Michael Gerber. there is Barry Trotter and the Unauthorized Parody and Barry Trooter and the Unessesary Sequel.

GIVE A HOOT......READ

Glad you are back and thank you for the review!

Please do stop back and stay awhile!!!   :D  :D  :D

#54 The Grim Hamster lord

The Grim Hamster lord

Moab Is My Washpot

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 02:41 PM

Redwall:I give it...... :fuzzy  :hampton  :hado  :dixie  :fuzzy !
It is a very good book aout a abbey that is under the attack of Cluny the Scourge!It was written by Brian Jacques.One of my fav. writers! :D

Have you got Triss? The latest book in the Redwall series or how about The Taggerung?

#55 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,941 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 02:20 AM

Redwall:I give it...... :fuzzy  :hampton  :hado  :dixie  :fuzzy !

Have you got Triss? The latest book in the Redwall series or how about The Taggerung?

How many Redwall books are there and which one is the first book   to start with? ???  ???  ???

#56 The Grim Hamster lord

The Grim Hamster lord

Moab Is My Washpot

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 03:22 PM

peirs anthony's books, are interesting and a wonderful read.
for future reference: Xanth looks like Florida.
there is even Lake Ogrechobee.
the rest of the world is Mundania.
cute?

and florida looks like Korea, the cherbourg penninsula, that penninsula where Kwala Lumpa is... etc. etc. etc.

#57 !_HogwartsHamster_!

!_HogwartsHamster_!

Go Anime!

• HampsterFan
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Location:My place! Where else? Oh! ANIME is cool! Remember that. Always. And sango is the BEST! Forget that. I'm mean remember it. No wait remember only the second thing, not the first. Whoops! I mean remember only both! Yes. That&
  • Interests:Writing, watching inuyasha, and talking

Posted 23 January 2004 - 11:32 PM

Redwall:I give it...... :fuzzy  :hampton  :hado  :dixie  :fuzzy !

No .Currently I've only read 2 books in the series.But I am going to read them all. :)

now I've read 4.

#58 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,941 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 08:31 PM

Because of Winn Dixie!! That book gets 5!!

Smile, picture taken! :eek

???   Winn Dixie....  The grocery store??   ???

Say cheese... your picture has now been taken!!!

The book is about a dog!!! I don't remember a grocery store!!

Smile, picture taken  :eek

:laughing  :laughing  :laughing
Down here in Florida, we have a chain of grocery stores called Winn Dixie!

Would you please maybe add a bit of a review to your book so that I could get an idea of whether or not I should like to read it.  Also, if you have any idea of the author's name, that also would be great!

Sorry about the confusion, I must be thinking of dinner.

:laughing  :laughing  :laughing

#59 Kep

Kep

Queen of the Momeraths!

• HampsterFan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • Interests:ps, http://yourserenade.deviantart.com<br />some call it art. <br />my website=my journal, a place where I can talk freely and I don't need to &quot;check length.&quot;<br />Blonde hair, brown eyes, big heart. I'm a hopeless romantic in search of a meaning.

Posted 02 January 2004 - 12:05 PM

Ello my darlings;

book: Fall on Your Knees
author: Ann-Marie MacDonald
Rating: 5 hampsters
Synopsis: Fall on Your Knees is a captivating novel, set in Canada's own, Cape Breton. It whisks you away through the 1900's, WWII, and the swinging jazz of New York, New York. It takes you into the lives of the four Piper sisters, Kathleen, Mercedes, Frances and Lily. This small family goes through more hardships than some small nations! Its difficult to give a synopsis of this book in a short paragraph. It would take me quite a generous post to explain the whole book, which is why I invite anyone who can read to pick up this book. Through reading reviews, I found that people either love it, or hate it. Its dark, filled with deception, incest, lies, and unspoken truths. And yet its heartwarming, funny, and a most worthwhile read. Beautiful writing, and cudos to MacDonald on an excellent debut novel.

Love always,
Kep

#60 Toto

Toto

oh yes, the infamous toto.

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:YOU....

Posted 14 July 2004 - 10:06 PM

anything by frank peretti

1 user(s) are reading this topic