#41 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:29 AM

greatness in every line.

You just earned a total of 30 points. Those were truly magnificent. =O I swear, the people who make high school english text books should come here for there poems. <.<

Aw, thank you! :blush: Wow...English textbooks...I haven't had one of those since middle school...I don't really follow the "rules" of poetry though (or maybe I do. I can't really say because I don't know what those rules are. :rolleyes: )

#42 Cheesus

Cheesus

Super-cheese!

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,539 posts
  • Interests:Hampsterdanceboards and video games + a lot of other stuffs. XD

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:03 PM

greatness in every line.

You just earned a total of 30 points. Those were truly magnificent. =O I swear, the people who make high school english text books should come here for there poems. <.<

Aw, thank you! :blush: Wow...English textbooks...I haven't had one of those since middle school...I don't really follow the "rules" of poetry though (or maybe I do. I can't really say because I don't know what those rules are. :rolleyes: )

I don't think there are any "rules of poetry." But the stuff they make us read is real crud. xD

#43 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:15 PM

greatness in every line.

I don't think there are any "rules of poetry." But the stuff they make us read is real crud. xD

Hahaha yeah, but it's to get the idea of the structure across, not to make you say, "Wow...that really touched my heart..." or something like that.

#44 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 04:56 PM

Wow, it just hit me that this topic is already on its second page. Hey Horatio, can we pin this? :)

#45 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66,922 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:51 PM

Wow, it just hit me that this topic is already on its second page. Hey Horatio, can we pin this? :)

Sure. We can pin this. LOL

#46 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:15 PM

Yay! Thanks! ^_^

#47 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,922 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:41 PM

Yay! Thanks! ^_^

You are welcome.
*realized my playtime with the words was lost*

#48 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:41 PM

Yay! Thanks! ^_^

You are welcome.
*realized my playtime with the words was lost*

Oh. :P Sorry, my brain hasn't been functioning properly lately. It's making my schoolwork rather difficult... :rolleyes:

#49 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:05 PM

And you have to love how this topic still isn't pinned. :P

#50 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,922 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:22 PM

What you asked me was "can you pin this" and I said "yes I can". LOL
*waits until the light bulb illuminates*

#51 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:12 PM

:P Okay Horatio, will you please pin this topic for me? :P :rolleyes:

#52 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,922 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:28 PM

You didn't have to put the please, but that was a nice touch. I was just looking for the will, would part. LOL

#53 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:29 PM

You didn't have to put the please, but that was a nice touch. I was just looking for the will, would part. LOL

lol thank you. :)

#54 Cheesus

Cheesus

Super-cheese!

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,539 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:54 AM

xD Raishey, you can be a pain sometimes. Well, rarely. As in, this is probably the first time. xD
Not complaining, I just find it amusing. x3

#55 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,922 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:13 AM

xD Raishey, you can be a pain sometimes. Well, rarely. As in, this is probably the first time. xD

LOL... I am a pain quite often. But I love how people use the English language. When you find someone who speaks or writes well, it is fantastic.
When people use words incorrectly, I find it amusing. For example, "Can you tell me the time?" I love saying "Sure." Or how about when someone
points to their wrist. :blink: So, I am supposed to assume that you are asking for me to tell you what time it is? LOL I always look at my wrist and
shrug my shoulders, as if to say... what? Another example, in which I totally was a pain to you... the difference between the word issue and the word
problem. I listen to people think they are speaking good English and I must roll my eyeballs at that one. LOL

#56 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:11 PM

LOL... I am a pain quite often. But I love how people use the English language. When you find someone who speaks or writes well, it is fantastic.
When people use words incorrectly, I find it amusing. For example, "Can you tell me the time?" I love saying "Sure." Or how about when someone
points to their wrist. :blink: So, I am supposed to assume that you are asking for me to tell you what time it is? LOL I always look at my wrist and
shrug my shoulders, as if to say... what? Another example, in which I totally was a pain to you... the difference between the word issue and the word
problem. I listen to people think they are speaking good English and I must roll my eyeballs at that one. LOL

I still think it's funny to take people's cursing literally. "Didn't know that was possible..." :rolleyes:

#57 Cheesus

Cheesus

Super-cheese!

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,539 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:13 PM

shrug my shoulders, as if to say... what? Another example, in which I totally was a pain to you... the difference between the word issue and the word problem. I listen to people think they are speaking good English and I must roll my eyeballs at that one. LOL

What exactly is the difference between issue and problem?

#58 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,922 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:30 PM

shrug my shoulders, as if to say... what? Another example, in which I totally was a pain to you... the difference between the word issue and the word problem. I listen to people think they are speaking good English and I must roll my eyeballs at that one. LOL

Have you ever heard of Miriam Webster's?

#59 Cheesus

Cheesus

Super-cheese!

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,539 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:09 PM

Have you ever heard of not feeling like pulling out the dictionary and looking it up? ;D

#60 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,922 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:28 PM

Have you ever heard of not feeling like pulling out the dictionary and looking it up? ;D

LOL Have you??? LOL
As for me, I use the dictionary all the time.
It is one of my favorite books.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users