• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 Topazia

Topazia

^Don't Touch! I may shock you.^

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts
  • Interests:God, Cats, Music, Books, Poetry, Life, Love, The Past, The future, Now, Then, Here, There, You, Me, Us, The end, The middle, The beginning, Over there, Down here, Right next to you, My left foot, Your right ear, His small intestine, Her cerebral cortex, Did I mention God?

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

Haha only in you can afford a 3d printer ;) That would be awesome though ^^

#22 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66,965 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

Perhaps only Apple and Yale University can afford a 3D printer. For now, you and I will just have to read about it. LOL

#23 Topazia

Topazia

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts
  • Interests:God, Cats, Music, Books, Poetry, Life, Love, The Past, The future, Now, Then, Here, There, You, Me, Us, The end, The middle, The beginning, Over there, Down here, Right next to you, My left foot, Your right ear, His small intestine, Her cerebral cortex, Did I mention God?

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

lol yeah

#24 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,965 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

*wonders how the wedding plans are coming*

#25 Topazia

Topazia

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

The Date is officially set at April 6th. I know I want a strapless or one-shoulder dress with a corset style back. It will be gorgeous because it will be not quite floor length so I can show off my gorgeous wedding shoes (which I will be getting eventually)

I have the mandatory (because my priest says he only marries people who do) premarital counseling set up to begin this fall with Fr. Don (awesome man btw)

My wonderful amazing mom will be paying for everything but our clothes and the rings (I love my mom)

On a slightly sadder note, my friend Joe got married on Tuesday. I'm happy for him. I found out through that other social networking site. He didn't tell me or invite me. I made sure he felt like a jerk.

Back to good news. I'm excited and making tentative plans. Can't wait for april!

#26 Topazia

Topazia

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

I am member 5155.
Just noticed that.
heh

#27 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,965 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

I know your feelings must have been hurt by your friend Joe. Quite tough hearing the news on a social network.

Speaking of which, when Facebook officially launches their mobile app allowing you to find all your friends within a specified mile radius, don't use it. They accidentally launched it prematurely and TechCrunch reported that it will show every Facebook person within that specified mile radius, friends and non-friends. The Facebook team pulled the app immediately, but not until after TechCrunch had reported on it. This is a scary app when it comes to surveillance.

As for the wedding dress, I do believe your dress will be absolutely gorgeous. The idea of not quite floor length is a fantastic idea. Your mother and father must be so excited. The wedding day will be here before you know it. A friend of mine just got married this past April on the 21st. That was a really fun time. Very, very low key.

For some reason I thought of you today and violets popped into my mind, the little purple flowers with the green leaves.

#28 Topazia

Topazia

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

That may or may not be creepy... maybe they'll fix it.

^^ I know right? It's gonna be awesome! They are, they're really happy for me. I'm glad they had a fun wedding!

Aww that's awesome. :) I do like violets.

#29 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,965 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

Facebook thinks that it is a great way to connect people. I think it is really creepy. They will put a spin on things to make people want to get the app, and then... ooops... too late.

I love those wild violets. Your wedding is going to be the greatest!!!

#30 Topazia

Topazia

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

I'm really looking forward to it :D

I went to Seaworld with Sean yesterday. I haven't been in a decade and he's never been. It's awesome. I'm burned and tired, but it was fun.
Just saying. :D

We made a binder for a wedding planner and weddings are expensive...
:(

#31 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,965 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

Weddings are insanely expensive! Even eloping costs money. :lol: It always helps if you know people who are good at different things, such as a photographer, or a band, etc., who can donate their services. My friends had a very simple lasagna and salad dinner which saved them a ton of money. You could always have the reception in your backyard, but that can also run into a lot of money. It is really hard to get away without spending a whole lot of money. Creativity is the key and also it depends on how much you can do yourself. If you need ideas...

#32 Topazia

Topazia

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

True. I'm just hoping it doesn't break the bank D:

#33 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,965 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:08 AM

I think that between you and your mother, you will find many creative ways to save money, yet still have a phenomenally beautiful wedding! You just have to be willing to think on a non-traditional route. For example, when you are talking flowers, the florist will tell you how to create beautiful arrangements with less expensive flowers as opposed to exhorbitant arrangements with top dollar flowers. For example, my neighbor had the most beautiful bird of paradise plant before the new people moved in. The new people pulled up a fifty year old plant and threw it in the garbage. If I had been there, I would have asked to have it and would have replanted it in my front yard. The plant would have almost three hundred flowers over the summer, more than enough for you to pick and use in displays. Plus, they have purple in them. :lol:

#34 Topazia

Topazia

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

That would have been lovely, that's a shame they just threw it away. Yeah, we're already trying to work out how to save money for the reception.

#35 wildcat

wildcat

Hampsterdancer Supreme

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

*flails arms*
That's so exciting, congratulations!

#36 Topazia

Topazia

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

Thank you so much wildcat! :D

#37 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,965 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

It is really excited to hear about your plans and share in the details. Thank you so very, very much for keeping us involved in your plans.

#38 Topazia

Topazia

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

:D Of course!

#39 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,965 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

I was in Los Angeles and the hotel had hosted a beautiful wedding. The bride had used sort of a dark, purplish blue colour for the bridesmaid dresses and they carried bluish purple and orange flowers. The bride carried a bouquest of the same bluish purple, and white flowers. The tables were done with mostly white table cloths, orange accents and an occasional bluish purple touch thown in. It looked really fantastic. I thought the dark dresses were quite elegant and very dramatic, making the bride's white dress much more brilliant. I believe your colours are going to be a phenomenal choice!

#40 Topazia

Topazia

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

oh that sounds lovely! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users