#1 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 03:15 PM

How to add photos:
1. Click "browse." A window should show up. Find the picture you want, and double click it.
2.Then click "add this attachment" a file name and it's size should appear near the browse button. (if you get a "This page can not be displayed" message, then your picture is too big; try cropping or resizing it.)
3. You can post it as it is, or you can click the "add to post" button next to your file. This should put something like "attachment 1234" inside of brackets. you can move that around just like a smiley.

Here's some tips on taking pictures:

1. It's easier to brighten a picture than to darken it. Try not to use flash if you don't have to, especially if you are close to what you're taking a picture of. When you brighten a picture, also try adjusting the contrast to make it less washed out.

2. Use the action/moving objects/speed setting on your camera if it has one (mine looks like a little guy running). This will make your pictures less blurry. If you don't have one of these settings, use flash (but don't stand too close to your subject).

3. Don't like the way you look in pictures? Edit your pictures (or use the settings on your camera) to make your picture black and white or sepia (brown and white). It makes a huge difference!

4. Does your smile always look fake? Think if something funny and laugh.

5. When you use flash, it lights up everything near your camera, including rain, snow, confetti, string, or other stuff that you might not notice or think of. So instead of picture of your friend in the rain, you'll get a bunch of shiney dots. The picture of the snowy tree in my photo album was taken with flash.

6. My favorite photo editing software: Picasa (you can get it free from Google, great for foolproof editing) and paint shop pro (not free).

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! :)

#2 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66,945 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 03:30 PM

How to add photos:
1. Click "browse." A window should show up. Find the picture you want, and double click it.
2.Then click "add this attachment" a file name and it's size should appear near the browse button. (if you get a "This page can not be displayed" message, then your picture is too big; try cropping or resizing it.)
3. You can post it as it is, or you can click the "add to post" button next to your file. This should put something like "attachment 1234" inside of brackets. you can move that around just like a smiley.

1. It's easier to brighten a picture than to darken it. Try not to use flash if you don't have to, especially if you are close to what you're taking a picture of. When you brighten a picture, also try adjusting the contrast to make it less washed out.

2. Use the action/moving objects/speed setting on your camera if it has one (mine looks like a little guy running). This will make your pictures less blurry. If you don't have one of these settings, use flash (but don't stand too close to your subject).

3. Don't like the way you look in pictures? Edit your pictures (or use the settings on your camera) to make your picture black and white or sepia (brown and white). It makes a huge difference!

5. When you use flash, it lights up everything near your camera, including rain, snow, confetti, string, or other stuff that you might not notice or think of. So instead of picture of your friend in the rain, you'll get a bunch of shiney dots. The picture of the snowy tree in my photo album was taken with flash.

6. My favorite photo editing software: Picasa (you can get it free from Google, great for foolproof editing) and paint shop pro (not free).

You deserve The Red Rose Award for this info! I just learned a bunch of things I didn't know! Thanks!!!
I also baked some wonderful cookies for you as an additional thank you!

#3 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 03:41 PM

How to add photos:

You deserve The Red Rose Award for this info! I just learned a bunch of things I didn't know! Thanks!!!

Aw, thanks! ^_^ :blush:

#4 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,945 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 03:42 PM

How to add photos:

Aw, thanks! ^_^ :blush:

You are very welcome. Now I am off the computer to test out some of the tips you just told me about. :lol:

#5 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 04:27 PM

Okay, here are some examples of the picture stuff I was talking about:

Color Attached File  color.jpg   132.65KB   34 downloads VS. Black and white Attached File  black_and_white.jpg   118.75KB   28 downloads or sepia Attached File  sepia.jpg   122.55KB   29 downloads

Stuff getting in the way of your picture (an electrical cord here) Attached File  hanging_cord.jpg   48.45KB   33 downloads

Using flash on close up objects Attached File  hand.jpg   75.94KB   28 downloadsAttached File  IMG_5126.jpg   124.17KB   32 downloadsAttached File  too_close_flash.jpg   71.14KB   28 downloadsent]

Using flash on moving objects (or while you're moving, I was spinning in circles as I took these) Attached File  with_flash_2.jpg   123.12KB   34 downloads VS. No flash Attached File  no_flash.jpg   81.28KB   27 downloads

Hope that helps solve some problems. :)

#6 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,945 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:34 PM

Color Attached File  color.jpg   132.65KB   34 downloads VS. Black and white Attached File  black_and_white.jpg   118.75KB   28 downloads or sepia Attached File  sepia.jpg   122.55KB   29 downloads

Stuff getting in the way of your picture (an electrical cord here) Attached File  hanging_cord.jpg   48.45KB   33 downloads

Using flash on close up objects Attached File  hand.jpg   75.94KB   28 downloadsAttached File  IMG_5126.jpg   124.17KB   32 downloadsAttached File  too_close_flash.jpg   71.14KB   28 downloads

Using flash on moving objects (or while you're moving, I was spinning in circles as I took these) Attached File  with_flash_2.jpg   123.12KB   34 downloads VS. No flash Attached File  no_flash.jpg   81.28KB   27 downloads

*is very, very excited*
I don't read manuals. I am a try it, have major problems (which could have been avoided by reading the manual), then try and fix whatever I messed up! :lol:

There pics are perfect. I am off again to try these things. Be back.

#7 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:34 PM

Using flash on close up objects Attached File  hand.jpg   75.94KB   28 downloadsAttached File  IMG_5126.jpg   124.17KB   32 downloadsAttached File  too_close_flash.jpg   71.14KB   28 downloads

*is very, very excited*
I don't read manuals. I am a try it, have major problems (which could have been avoided by reading the manual), then try and fix whatever I messed up! :lol:

lol I find that it's much easier to teach people how to do things when they can see it. That's why we do science labs. Maybe later i'll find some more messed up pictures. :rolleyes:

#8 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,945 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 09:21 PM

*is very, very excited*

lol I find that it's much easier to teach people how to do things when they can see it. That's why we do science labs. Maybe later i'll find some more messed up pictures. :rolleyes:

Messed up pics... I can supply you with lots and lots of those! :lol: LOL :lol:

#9 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:28 PM

*is very, very excited*

:lol: If you post them, I might be able to tell you what's wrong with them. :P

#10 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,945 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:52 PM

*is very, very excited*

:lol: If you post them, I might be able to tell you what's wrong with them. :P

I will have to take more. As soon as I see the bad pic... it is deleted in the camera or if it makes it to the computer, it is placed into the trash. :lol: Have no fear, I will take plenty more!

#11 The Biggest Fan Of Fuzzy

The Biggest Fan Of Fuzzy

Hampsterdance Royalty

• HampsterRegular
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:09 PM

Also try macro mode. It's really cool. Usually it is represented by a flower. On some cameras, usually the SLR styled, or pro-series, like mine, have a little lock on the lense. It's for getting up close to take a picture. I'll post a few:

I seem not to have uploaded my photo shoot from today or Saturday. All I have are stupid weeds. But, they get the point across.

Attached Files

#12 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,945 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:13 PM

Also try macro mode. It's really cool. Usually it is represented by a flower. On some cameras, usually the SLR styled, or pro-series, like mine, have a little lock on the lense. It's for getting up close to take a picture. I'll post a few:

I seem not to have uploaded my photo shoot from today or Saturday. All I have are stupid weeds. But, they get the point across.

I love the violet! Get those weed pics up here now!!!!!!!

#13 The Biggest Fan Of Fuzzy

The Biggest Fan Of Fuzzy

Hampsterdance Royalty

• HampsterRegular
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:14 PM

Violet? I thought it was a weed. :rolleyes:

#14 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,945 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:53 AM

Not a weed at all! Violets are wildflowers quite often found in the woods. Violets come in three colors that I know of, purple, yellow and white. They make wonderful cheery plants for a shade garden that is under oaks.

#15 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 03:33 PM

Very pretty! ^_^ I don't consider violets to be weeds. Not only are they pretty, but every part of the violet plant is edible. The leaves taste sort of like the dark green lettuce you find in most salads. :)

#16 The Biggest Fan Of Fuzzy

The Biggest Fan Of Fuzzy

Hampsterdance Royalty

• HampsterRegular
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 03:38 PM

Not a weed at all! Violets are wildflowers quite often found in the woods. Violets come in three colors that I know of, purple, yellow and white. They make wonderful cheery plants for a shade garden that is under oaks.

They grow along the ground in the grass? I thought they grew on bushes.

#17 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,945 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 03:56 PM

Very pretty! ^_^ I don't consider violets to be weeds. Not only are they pretty, but every part of the violet plant is edible. The leaves taste sort of like the dark green lettuce you find in most salads. :)

I didn't know that. I know that pansy flowers are very tasty and make beautiful salads! :D

#18 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:59 PM

I didn't know that. I know that pansy flowers are very tasty and make beautiful salads! :D

I'm pretty sure that pansies and violets are closely related. They look pretty similar, but pansies have much brighter colors. :) And yes, they grow in the grass.

#19 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,945 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:20 PM

I'm pretty sure that pansies and violets are closely related. They look pretty similar, but pansies have much brighter colors. :) And yes, they grow in the grass.

And are great in salads! :lol:

#20 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:35 PM

Random tip: If you're trying to take really nice pics of people without wasting money on a photographer, use a solid-colored shower curtain or sheet as a backdrop. For best results, use on the same color as your eyes (clothes also look best the same color as your eyes).

Don't have someone to take your picture? Try using the self-timer. It works better than having half your arm in all your pictures. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users