862 replies to this topic

#861 The Biggest Fan Of Fuzzy

The Biggest Fan Of Fuzzy

Hampsterdance Royalty

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hmmm. An upgrade to the HD. I must be stupid, I can't figure out how to upload pictures. I wanted to share some pictures from China.

#862 The Biggest Fan Of Fuzzy

The Biggest Fan Of Fuzzy

Hampsterdance Royalty

• HampsterRegular
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

So just as a little update for my life...

I'm back in Boston, working a 6 month internship as a requirement of my college, Northeastern University. (Am I allowed to say that? I forget the rules.) I started the beginning of July and it goes until a few days before Christmas. All I have to say is - growing up is no fun. Currently, I'm paying for everything on my own - rent, most bills, food, etc. My mom and her business partner are currently in a legal battle, so I have to continue to pay until that all gets straightened out. I never imagined how hard it would be, especially living in Boston, on my own. But at the same time, it's something I definitely needed - a real taste of the real world.

I'm working for EF Education (again, don't know if I can mention that...) which is the world's largest provider of international education. There are 15 divisions in the company, but my department deals with bringing international students from Austria, Australia, Denmark, Germany, Finland, Japan, Hong Kong, South Korea, New Zealand, Norway, The Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Thailand, I know I'm missing a few... to America for a high school year abroad. It's really interesting to work directly with so many foreign cultures and it's rewarding to help these kids do something that I always wished I could have done.

Unfortunately tho, all of my best friends are doing their internship in NYC. I tried to get mine there, but with the timing of China, things just didn't work out and I had to take the job in Boston. The one thing about Northeastern that I really hate is how difficult it is to maintain consistent friends. A bunch of my friends did their internship January - June and a few of them went away to different cities, so I obviously couldn't see them. Now I'm doing my internship July - December, and some of my friends will be in classes this fall and the others, as I've already mentioned, are in NYC. Quite a few of my friends in NYC are planning on studying abroad in the spring. My International Business program has me in China for July/August 2013 - July/August 2014. So all in all, it's going to be two years that I'm apart from my best friends, which really, really saddens me. It's so hard for me to not want to switch my major to try to be with my friends. But at the same time, I need to keep thinking about my future. All my friends are always telling me that I'm doing the right thing - giving up the 8 years that I studied French to completely start over and learn one of the world's most difficult languages, but it's hard to keep my eyes on the far future, when the present and the near future is just so.... siajodfashdflkjasdf ugh. Anyway, enough of that rant. Sorry I've been thinking about that all week and had to get it out somehow.

Anywho, that's about all that's going on in my life. Hope everyone else is doing well! :)

#863 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,891 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

To answer your first post... click on the bottom right "More Reply Options" and this will take you to a place to post and underneath the box is the "Attach Files" option.

As I am off to bed, I will have to respond to your post first thing tomorrow morning.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users