• Please log in to reply
1902 replies to this topic

#1 AnimalKidd

AnimalKidd

Senior Hampsterdancer

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:America is going down the drain.

Posted 23 December 2003 - 08:58 PM

Oh boy, the terror alert has been upgraded to ORANGE.  Oh my.  Everyone, stay inside!  Guard your children!  No one is safe now!  Run for the hills!  We'll never make it alive!  *sarcasm*

Yeah...right.  Okay, why the big fuss?  Christmas 2001-  "We need to watch out for terrorism."  Did anything MAJOR happen?  No, not to my knowledge.
Christmas 2002-  "We need to watch out for terrorists."  Did anything happen?  No, not really.
Christmas 2003-  "The US as a whole needs to be on the lookout for terrorism."  For some reason, everyone is terrified for their lives that there will be another terror attack.  They are behaving the same as they behaved last year and the year before.  Personally, everyone is overreacting.  If the government is saying we need to watch out for terrorism, um... shouldn't we be watching out for terrorism every single day of the year and not just around religious holidays?  This makes no sense.

??? † So, what would you recommend that we do? † ???

AnimalKidd, have you thought over my question of what would you recommend we do???

I think I posted it?  WE as Americans aren't the ones posting the alerts, its the government.  So we can become the government.

#2 The Grim Hamster lord

The Grim Hamster lord

Moab Is My Washpot

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 02:21 PM

Speaking of Betlehem... Are you aware that the foreign office will not ever grant you passage to Betlehem because of the violence that lurks everywhere. Not to mention the amounts of body bags they need for tourists who went there......

I have been several times to Bethlehem. †The US government does not prohibit Americans from visiting Bethlehem.

You went to bethlehem and wasn't attacked by disgruntled arabs?

#3 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66,954 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 11:28 PM

these boards are for the posters not the mods.

What? The boards are for the mods, too! They have every right to post with the members! †:(

You are absolutely correct!!! †And post I do. †

It is just that topics such as politics, religion, etc, I want to leave to you all. †You can have fun and learn new things if I give you the freedom to think and speak for yourself. †

I am only speaking for myself when I say that on this topic I am not going to participate, except to help in making sure that the facts are straight and clear. †It makes me really happy to hear other points of view and I really enjoy when you express your political thoughts.

Please let me know what you think of the Democratic candidates. †It would be great to also get a discussion going about the various parties in the American political system. †

I love reading what you all write!!!

Jesse, thank you for your understanding on this topic.

I see. So you want us to talk, and not just have you talk all the time †:) It is interesting to hear what others have to say. Asking questions pushes our thinking more - nice job with that †:D

Thank you for the compliment.  I really appreciate hearing it from you.  That is exactly what I would like to see happen.
:D  :D  :D

#4 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,954 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 09:23 PM

Can anyone give me the facts regarding the first time the United States was at war with Iraq? ???   And what are your opinions on the first event?

#5 solrai117

solrai117

Newbie Hampsterdancer

• HampsterFan
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:um...<br>singing<br>volleyball<br>basketball<br>music in general<br>being crazy(really good at that)<br>being a misunderstood punk genius

Posted 25 February 2004 - 06:37 PM

Really, most of this topic is against Bush, lol.

Yeah, and so is most of my school. But really, Bush is the closest to our founding fathers, and the country was a lot better when they were around.

Really? †What were conditions really like then? †What happened if someone was ill or a crime was committed :penguin †??? †:penguin ?

it is true that stuff is different now, but times are different.
women can now vote, definatly better
no slavery
we just think of the "good old days"
i am not sure bush is much like any of our founding fathers nor that that is a good thing if he were

#6 AnimalKidd

AnimalKidd

Senior Hampsterdancer

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 11:47 AM

why those iraqi's did to(cant remember his first name) Berg was so wrong... *shakes head slowly*

Yes, it is. †But maybe they were doing that just so their voices would be heard. †I have no idea really where I stand on this issue...but since we're talking about this, then I guess I'll go right ahead...
Should Rumsfeld be fired?

Well, for him being fired, I say yes. But as far as being fired because of our' Army soldiers harming Iraqi prisoners I say no.
Although he is the Secretary of Defense, and in my chain of command, he did not most likely tell them to do that. It is not entirely his fault because those people were humans nonetheless and rumsfeild is human. Mistakes can be allowed....however, Bush cannot make mistakes as our President/Commander In Chief. All of his decisions either harm or help us. I do not like Kerry, I do not like Gore, I do not like Bush. I wish someone else would run.

I do believe he should be fired, not only because of the Iraqis but because of everything else, all the bomb threats and everything.  Honestly, does he expect the American people to believe him when they (they being the President and his cabinet and stuff) say they had "no idea this was going to happen"?
I never really liked Bush.  I actually don't like Kerry that much either.  But hey, I'm figuring that he'll be better than Bush.  And if Bush wins, then that gives me four more years to wear my anti-Bush shirt.  Heh heh heh.

#7 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,954 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 03:01 PM

Where is my post in here? WHERE!

Every post that was received has been posted.  I do not delete anything.  Please resend your post as if it is not here, then it was not received.

Hmmm... Is it cyberspace or is it a moderator....

Believe what you will TGHL.  But you might consider this... I would not be asking you to resend it if I had deleted it.  In fact the day you said that you sent it, Sheena was on, perhaps she deleted it.  But I do not delete posts.  I do not have that authority.

Sheena?  SHEENA?!  I know not of a Sheena around these parts...there was one before, but then she abandoned us... :P

mo, its just an extended holiday.

thats wut they WANT you to think. dont give in.

No, that is the truth. :sleepy:

#8 solrai117

solrai117

Newbie Hampsterdancer

• HampsterFan
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:um...<br>singing<br>volleyball<br>basketball<br>music in general<br>being crazy(really good at that)<br>being a misunderstood punk genius

Posted 04 December 2003 - 05:54 PM

And what about the people that DON'T believe in God, like Hindus and Muslims?  If THEY say the pledge, then they are aligning themselves under a God whom they believe does not exist!

I'm not sure about Muslim's but Hindus DO believe in the same God as Christians.

The way it was explained to me was that when the Hindu religon started, the people did not have the ability to comprehend one God who was in charge of all, so minor gods were created that the followers could grasp the concepts. †However, over all the minor gods, is the one true God.

Hope this explains things :penguin †:sleepy: †:penguin .

actually muslims believe in the same God,(i think) yea, they just call him by another name

#9 solrai117

solrai117

Newbie Hampsterdancer

• HampsterFan
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 04:09 PM

I think you should be able to decide about abortion.  Abortion is a very emotional time for both the mother and the father.  There have been several cases where after the abortion, the father was felling so guilty, he shot himself in his car.  If you were raped and had the baby, yet gave it up for adoption, then there's more emotional damage. You decide to bring the baby into this world, which is a very hard decision.  Then you give it up for adoption, meaning you don't want it.  When the child grows up, he will want to know why his real mom didn't love him enough to keep him, which creates serious emotional damage.  So in a way, having the child only increases the emotional damage. :sleepy:
People should have the right to chose what is best for them and their children, meaning the unborn child.  Parents are supposed to do what is best for the child.  So bringing a baby into the world with, like Sheena said, no brain or something, that wouldn't be the best thing for the baby because it would go through immense pain.  My 20 minutes is up, so all I want to say is that I believe that abortion is terrible, but it can be used for good.

here is one place i don't agree with you at all.
this hits VERY close to home for me.
i admit, there are some cases when abortion is unaviodable, like in a tubliar pregnance(the baby stays in the fliopian tube and the mother and the baby will both die).
but my question for you is have you ever really been around an adoption?
not do you know someone who is adopted.
have you ever had someone close to you who has been adopted, put a baby up for adoption, or adopted a baby.
my sister had to put her baby up for adoption.(trust me, it is HARD for everyone involved, but we know it was best)
i know MANY people very close to me who have adopted.
i even know a person who was adopted who has changed peoples opinions of abortion, that it should be avioded at all costs.
if you call the unborn baby a child, does it not have rights just like you or me?
i am a democrat, but this is one place i can't agree with their standings.
i can't see how the murder(and thats what it is) or an innocent child can be justified unless there is outstanding reason.

Thank you. Few, if any, adoptions occur b/c the original parents didn't love them, it's almost always because the biological parents know they could never properly care and provide for their child and want what's best for it.

EXACTLY, and unfortunatly some of us know that fact better than others.

#10 AnimalKidd

AnimalKidd

Senior Hampsterdancer

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 09:02 PM

Oh boy, the terror alert has been upgraded to ORANGE.  Oh my.  Everyone, stay inside!  Guard your children!  No one is safe now!  Run for the hills!  We'll never make it alive!  *sarcasm*

Yeah...right.  Okay, why the big fuss?  Christmas 2001-  "We need to watch out for terrorism."  Did anything MAJOR happen?  No, not to my knowledge.
Christmas 2002-  "We need to watch out for terrorists."  Did anything happen?  No, not really.
Christmas 2003-  "The US as a whole needs to be on the lookout for terrorism."  For some reason, everyone is terrified for their lives that there will be another terror attack.  They are behaving the same as they behaved last year and the year before.  Personally, everyone is overreacting.  If the government is saying we need to watch out for terrorism, um... shouldn't we be watching out for terrorism every single day of the year and not just around religious holidays?  This makes no sense.

??? † So, what would you recommend that we do? † ???

I just don't think that the government should make such a big deal about it. †The terror alert is raised to orange and that's the top story on all news channels. †No one mentioned that Ozzy Osbourne was out of intensive care. †:laugh:

Just basically, the government shouldn't make people worry about things so much.

Part of the reason that they raise the Alert is due to the fact that they have information that they believe will be a basis for alerting the public. †This is a double edged sword. †If they DO NOT alert the public, then we cry that they knew and withheld information. †If they DO alert the public, then some people feel that this is a waste of time and that nothing ever happens. †

You decide...to alert or not to alert...that is the question.

??? †??? †??? †??? †???

True, it is a double-edged sword.  I just think that the government causes people to overreact a bit about things.  Remember about a year ago when there was threat of biological attack?  People went out in mass numbers and bought duck tape to seal their windows shut so spores or junk couldn't get inside.  But nothing happened.  However, I DO believe that all these warnings could have a "boy who cried wolf" affect.  We need to be prepared, we just don't need to overreact.  Speaking about overreacting, I just remembered-
Does anyone remember the Y2K craze?  :laugh:

#11 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,954 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 02:39 PM

Speaking of Betlehem... Are you aware that the foreign office will not ever grant you passage to Betlehem because of the violence that lurks everywhere. Not to mention the amounts of body bags they need for tourists who went there......

I have been several times to Bethlehem.  The US government does not prohibit Americans from visiting Bethlehem.

You went to bethlehem and wasn't attacked by disgruntled arabs?

No, no attacks.

#12 Guest_puppydog_*

Guest_puppydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2004 - 11:23 PM

these boards are for the posters not the mods.

What? The boards are for the mods, too! They have every right to post with the members! †:(

You are absolutely correct!!! †And post I do. †

It is just that topics such as politics, religion, etc, I want to leave to you all. †You can have fun and learn new things if I give you the freedom to think and speak for yourself. †

I am only speaking for myself when I say that on this topic I am not going to participate, except to help in making sure that the facts are straight and clear. †It makes me really happy to hear other points of view and I really enjoy when you express your political thoughts.

Please let me know what you think of the Democratic candidates. †It would be great to also get a discussion going about the various parties in the American political system. †

I love reading what you all write!!!

Jesse, thank you for your understanding on this topic.

I think everyone knows what I think. †:D

Jesusfreak, I would like to hear your thoughts on the Democratic candidates, immigration policies and the various parties in the American political system. †I do not believe that you have voiced your opinion on these issues as of yet.

??? †??? †???

Who ARE the canidates? I've never been told. †:(

yea,i really dont kno either..and can someone please tell me all there thoughts good and bad on them....

as Horatio said,i like reading wut u guys say too

#13 Taynio

Taynio

Hampsterdancer Supreme

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 09:26 AM

why those iraqi's did to(cant remember his first name) Berg was so wrong... *shakes head slowly*

Yes, it is. †But maybe they were doing that just so their voices would be heard. †I have no idea really where I stand on this issue...but since we're talking about this, then I guess I'll go right ahead...
Should Rumsfeld be fired?

Well, for him being fired, I say yes. But as far as being fired because of our' Army soldiers harming Iraqi prisoners I say no.
Although he is the Secretary of Defense, and in my chain of command, he did not most likely tell them to do that. It is not entirely his fault because those people were humans nonetheless and rumsfeild is human. Mistakes can be allowed....however, Bush cannot make mistakes as our President/Commander In Chief. All of his decisions either harm or help us. I do not like Kerry, I do not like Gore, I do not like Bush. I wish someone else would run.

#14 Guest_puppydog_*

Guest_puppydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2004 - 03:03 PM

thats wut they WANT you to think. dont give in.

No, that is the truth. :sleepy:

suuure it is  :upside:

#15 Jesse

Jesse

Jesse The Timber Wolf

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,973 posts
  • Interests:Math, French, music, wolves, and charging aardvarks

Posted 09 December 2003 - 06:17 PM

PS Jesse, did you notice British Antarctic Territory* in the list?  Now you all know how come there is a British Penguin :penguin  :laugh:  :penguin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, It all makes sence now †:P

To your above post, yes, Britian would certainly make interesting history like Greece or Rome.

I thought you'd like that :laugh: .

Fortunately we won't be around to see it :penguin †:laugh: †:penguin !

What do you mean fortunatley?  ???

#16 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,954 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 11:26 PM

After reading the posts on Iraq, I thought that I would give some factual information regarding countries with Troops in Iraq as of 14 November 2003.

1.  Albania
 2.  Australia
 3.  Azerbaijan
 4.  Bulgaria
 5.  Central America and the Caribbean:
           Dominican Republic
           El Salvador
           Honduras
           Nicaragua
 6.  Czech Republic
 7.  Denmark
 8.  Georgia
 9.  Estonia
10.  Hungary
11.  Italy
12.  Japan
13.  Kazakhstan
14.  Latvia
15.  Lithuania
16.  Macedonia
17.  Moldova
18.  Mongolia
19.  Netherlands
20.  New Zealand
21.  Norway
22.  Philippines
23.  Poland
24.  Portugal
25.  Romania
26.  Slovakia
27.  South Korea
28.  Spain
29.  Thailand
30.  Ukraine
31.  United Kingdom
32.  United States of America

Crickey, more than the 'fifth' country I was asking about!  I didn't realise there were so many.  Most aren't mentioned on the news over here.

When John and I were discussing the countries in Iraq, we did say we thought there was a Scandinavian country and I said that if Oz was in then there was a good chance NZ was as well, but even so that's well short of the list that you've created :penguin  :sleepy:  :penguin .

I was hoping that you would come up with at least one more...but no one did.

#17 solrai117

solrai117

Newbie Hampsterdancer

• HampsterFan
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 02:05 PM

Please let me hear your thoughts now that Saddam Hussein has been captured and will be held accountable for his crimes against humanity.

i really don't know what will happen, but think he should be held acountable for things he did.

#18 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 04:27 PM

BTW I like eggs and ham.

??? † Would that be green eggs and ham? †???

:laughing †:laughing †:laughing

Eww! It has mold on it? †8)

lol Jesse, fish award for that. This topic was getting a bit depressing.

Sheena, I know this is going back a few pages, but you said we don't have the right to play God. What do you think abortion is? If God wants a baby to be born or not born, He'll take care of it. That's His job. As for the death penalty, "eye for eye, tooth for tooth."

#19 AnimalKidd

AnimalKidd

Senior Hampsterdancer

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 09:03 PM

The thing is terrorists like to strick at meaningful times so the pain will be remembered year after year.

Yes, but what was so memorable about September 11? †Nothing, besides the fact that when Americans abbreviate the date, it says 9-11 and 9-1-1 is the typical American number to call if you need help.

What was so memorable about September 11 is that there were thousands of innocent lives lost.

Yes, it was on the same day as Americans dial 9.1.1, but let's not lose sight of the many lives it impacted.

Thousands of innocent lives were lost, I agree.  But then again, the terrorists were doing what they thought was right.  Our bombings of their countries could have the same 9-11 effects as it does with us.

#20 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,954 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 11:40 PM

About the immigration thing:
There's a big issue with immigration over here, too.  We're getting lots of illegal immigrants and they're getting jobs somehow...it's horrible, personally.  I know that they are fleeing from a horrible 3rd world country basically, but I really feel that people over here should get the jobs first.  Then again, everyone complains about not being able to find jobs, but there ARE jobs out there, they're just the jobs nobody wants, which is why the illegal immigrants get them.  :laugh:

You've answered your own question. †The reason the illegal immegrants get jobs is that they will take the jobs nobody else will and often at a fraction of the wages that 'legals' will take.

About a week ago there were many deaths (I think 13) in Morcombe Bay in the North West of England. †These had been illegal immigrants working as cockle pickers on the beach. †They were not properly trained or supervised doing a back-breaking job and they got cut off by the tide.

They were working way down the shore and the tide turned. †It comes in at such a rate that it is impossible to beat it even if you run. †The water temperature is so cold that they didn't stand a chance. †Of course it then transpired that they were earning precious little for what they were doing. †For each £1.00 that a legal worker got doing this job, the illegal ones were getting a matter of pence, the profits going instead to the gang master.

Gang master? †???

The gang master is the person who contols and has power over these laborers.  He is in a position to take advantage of them because they are at his mercy, due to the fact that they are usually are illegal immigrants who need to work.  This is a form of exploitation.  Let me know if I confused you with this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users