#21 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66,965 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:01 PM

That is me... :rolleyes: on my BMW wannabe. LOL
Seriously, if I could find a picture I liked, I would post it. But the chances of that happening are...
slim and none. LOL

FedEx Airbus Captain is my job. And they are opening up a domicile and I have bid for it.
*crosses paws*
If there are a bunch of senior guys who want it, I won't stand a chance. Otherwise, I could very well be moving in April 2008.

Ah, now I remember.
How long are you already flying? And which Airbus do you fly?

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :D

How long? LOL... that is one of those questions that would give away the fact that I am not in university. LOL

I fly the A300 and A310.
My routes were Paris to various parts of Europe and the Middle East.

#22 Leguan

Leguan

Hampsterdancer Supreme

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:31 PM

How long? LOL... that is one of those questions that would give away the fact that I am not in university. LOL

I fly the A300 and A310.

Lol, so I guess not very long?

The A310. My sister had an internship at the Luftwaffe (air force) base in Cologne, there they also have this Airbus. She wants to be an aircraft technician.

So you already spend most of your time in Paris?

#23 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,965 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:05 PM

I fly the A300 and A310.

Lol, so I guess not very long? Good guess!!! LOL

The A310. My sister had an internship at the Luftwaffe (air force) base in Cologne, there they also have this Airbus. She wants to be an aircraft technician.

Paris, Cologne, Frankfurt (Mainz and Bad Homburg), Milano, Munchen, Tel Aviv, Copenhagen, Stockholm, to name a few.

Your sister would have a great career as an aircraft technician. I could then introduce her to some of the people at FedEx and perhaps she could
work with us!!!!! :D

#24 Mushroom_king

Mushroom_king

I'll See You On The Dark Side Of The Moon!

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,828 posts
  • Interests:Music, Vihjoe James, Internets, reading/writing, steampunk, anime, science, and general geekdom

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:48 PM

Hi Leguan. I don't think we've met but my name is Mushroom_king. I hope we can be friends.

Of course we can be friends.
I think my active period was before you have registered. My registration here was in August 2002- at the day this board was opened. There was another one before, but all the posts there are lost when the software was changed. Well I think I've been posting frequently for one or two years, so this was before you registrated here in 2005.

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

YEY

Well, that's a long time before I came here.
Though I've heard other peoples mention you, and I may have read a few of your older posts in the Best friends of Horatio club tawpeek (Which I once made an insane attempt to read every page of, and I did o_o)

Oh yea btw I'm a girl. I have to say that

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

#25 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,965 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:51 PM

...Best friends of Horatio club tawpeek (Which I once made an insane attempt to read every page of, and I did o_o)

*gives Mushroom_king an award for reading every post of my topic*
Here is your Platinum Planet Award! I feel very special you read them all. :)

#26 The Biggest Fan Of Fuzzy

The Biggest Fan Of Fuzzy

Hampsterdance Royalty

• HampsterRegular
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:04 PM

I fly the A300 and A310.

Paris, Cologne, Frankfurt (Mainz and Bad Homburg), Milano, Munchen, Tel Aviv, Copenhagen, Stockholm, to name a few.

Your sister would have a great career as an aircraft technician. I could then introduce her to some of the people at FedEx and perhaps she could

Oh man.
Now I want to be a pilot so I can go to all of theose places! =]

#27 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,965 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:06 PM

I fly the A300 and A310.

Oh man.
Now I want to be a pilot so I can go to all of theose places! =]

Not only to you get to go all these places, you get paid to do this!!!

#28 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:04 PM

Seriously, if I could find a picture I liked, I would post it. But the chances of that happening are...
slim and none. LOL

FedEx Airbus Captain is my job. And they are opening up a domicile and I have bid for it.
*crosses paws*
If there are a bunch of senior guys who want it, I won't stand a chance. Otherwise, I could very well be moving in April 2008.

Ah, now I remember.

I fly the A300 and A310.

Ooh, the airplane I took to florida was an Airbus A320, I think. It was spiffy. ^_^ I would love to be a pilot, I think it would be tons of fun. ^_^ Maybe someday I'll have the time and money to get my pilot's liscence...

#29 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,965 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:06 PM

slim and none. LOL

*crosses paws*

Ah, now I remember.

I fly the A300 and A310.

Ooh, the airplane I took to florida was an Airbus A320, I think. It was spiffy. ^_^ I would love to be a pilot, I think it would be tons of fun. ^_^ Maybe someday I'll have the time and money to get my pilot's liscence...

I think you should definitely become a pilot. :)

#30 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:16 PM

slim and none. LOL

*crosses paws*

Ah, now I remember.

I fly the A300 and A310.

lol so do I. :P My dad's a pilot, although his liscence isn't current (he's only flying ultralights right now, normal planes are too expensive, and mom would kill him if he bought a plane before fixing the house, car, [insert project here]. But yeah, if I have the chance to learn how to fly, I will. When I was little, my parents used to joke that I'd be getting my pilots liscence before my driving liscence. For normal airplanes at least, it doesn't seem too much more difficult than driving a car, and according to DMV, I'm capable of at least that much. :rolleyes:

#31 Mushroom_king

Mushroom_king

I'll See You On The Dark Side Of The Moon!

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,828 posts
  • Interests:Music, Vihjoe James, Internets, reading/writing, steampunk, anime, science, and general geekdom

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:42 PM

...Best friends of Horatio club tawpeek (Which I once made an insane attempt to read every page of, and I did o_o)

*gives Mushroom_king an award for reading every post of my topic*
Here is your Platinum Planet Award! I feel very special you read them all. :)

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

Jeez it's been a while since I got an award o_o
-goes to update siggy-

#32 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,965 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:21 AM

slim and none. LOL

*crosses paws*

Ah, now I remember.

I fly the A300 and A310.

lol so do I. :P My dad's a pilot, although his liscence isn't current (he's only flying ultralights right now, normal planes are too expensive, and mom would kill him if he bought a plane before fixing the house, car, [insert project here]. But yeah, if I have the chance to learn how to fly, I will. When I was little, my parents used to joke that I'd be getting my pilots liscence before my driving liscence. For normal airplanes at least, it doesn't seem too much more difficult than driving a car, and according to DMV, I'm capable of at least that much. :rolleyes:

Flying is much easier than driving. The great thing is that you do not have to deal with all those other "drivers".

#33 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:07 AM

slim and none. LOL

*crosses paws*

Ah, now I remember.

I fly the A300 and A310.

Flying is much easier than driving. The great thing is that you do not have to deal with all those other "drivers".

Haha true, not unless you *really* mess up. :rolleyes:

#34 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,965 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:33 PM

slim and none. LOL

*crosses paws*

Ah, now I remember.

I fly the A300 and A310.

Haha true, not unless you *really* mess up. :rolleyes:

Well, that could happen. :lol:

#35 Leguan

Leguan

Hampsterdancer Supreme

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:13 PM

How long does the apprenticeship take until you get the license?

Flying is easier than driving? Is this because of the autopilot?

#36 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,965 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:36 PM

How long does the apprenticeship take until you get the license?

Flying is easier than driving? Is this because of the autopilot?

There are various stages of licensing. You begin with a private pilot license, then instrument, commercial, multi-engine and finally airline transport pilot.
You can do this slow or fast, depending on money and time. The shortest time would be to go about two to three times a week. You need a minimum of
40 hours for the private pilot license, most people end up with more, but this is the minimum. So ideally, you could fly about 3 to 5 hours per week, until
you do your cross-country trips, then you will fly much more in one day. Two to three months providing weather cooperates is the shortest time I believe.

As for the other certificates, the commercial is about 200 or 250 depending on what type school you attend.

The airline transport pilot is a total of 1500 hours, but you get these hours by someone paying you to fly for them. Some airlines will hire you once you
receive your commercial and have 250 hours.

Flying is much easier because you don't have crazy drivers on their cell phones, watching DVDs while using the GPS to figure out where they are going.
Plus no one runs red lights or stop signs and endangers your life. The joke is that when a pilot gets killed, it is usually on his way home from the airport,
not up in the air.

#37 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:15 PM

The joke is that when a pilot gets killed, it is usually on his way home from the airport,
not up in the air.

Haha that is excellent! :lol: It's so true though. The scariest part of driving is the other cars!

#38 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,965 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:28 PM

The joke is that when a pilot gets killed, it is usually on his way home from the airport,
not up in the air.

Haha that is excellent! :lol: It's so true though. The scariest part of driving is the other cars!

So true. Today I saw a woman with her left foot up on the seat and she had her phone in her left hand, was texting with her right hand and...
probably steering with her right knee. I can only guess. :blink: :o :blink: :o :blink:

#39 The Biggest Fan Of Fuzzy

The Biggest Fan Of Fuzzy

Hampsterdance Royalty

• HampsterRegular
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 02:19 PM

I recently got the Microsft Flight Sim Game and I have managed to crash every time I tried to land, so I'm not sure a pilot is the job for me. =P

#40 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,965 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 04:30 PM

I recently got the Microsft Flight Sim Game and I have managed to crash every time I tried to land, so I'm not sure a pilot is the job for me. =P

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't go by that.
You would make a fantastic pilot!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users