Photo

Best friend of horatio club!

• Please log in to reply
8093 replies to this topic

Poll: PARIS !!!!! (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I move to Paris?

1. Yes (9 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. I don't know. (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#8081 Topazia

Topazia

^Don't Touch! I may shock you.^

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts
  • Interests:God, Cats, Music, Books, Poetry, Life, Love, The Past, The future, Now, Then, Here, There, You, Me, Us, The end, The middle, The beginning, Over there, Down here, Right next to you, My left foot, Your right ear, His small intestine, Her cerebral cortex, Did I mention God?

Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:42 PM

She's usually a pretty clean eater lol so we don't waste much food. And thanks for the encouragement!

#8082 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66,932 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:56 PM

Anything worth doing well is worth the practice it takes to perfect your skill.  You are well on your way.  

This morning I went out to see the lunar eclipse.  

Attached File  Blood Moon Eclipse .png   760.94KB   0 downloads

#8083 Topazia

Topazia

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts
  • Interests:God, Cats, Music, Books, Poetry, Life, Love, The Past, The future, Now, Then, Here, There, You, Me, Us, The end, The middle, The beginning, Over there, Down here, Right next to you, My left foot, Your right ear, His small intestine, Her cerebral cortex, Did I mention God?

Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:52 PM

Very pretty! You're a great photographer.

#8084 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,932 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:44 PM

Thank you so very much for your compliment.  But, I have to disagree with great.  I was a lucky photographer.  Plus, the initial weather was uncooperative, and then the moon moved away from the high cirrus clouds, and was in a clear space for a little bit.  

#8085 Topazia

Topazia

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:06 AM

I mean in general, H. You post such pretty pictures here all the time. You clearly take time to find good subjects, and take the best shots you can. :)

#8086 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,932 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:27 AM

Topazia, you just made my day.  Thank you so very much.  

The birds are all around Florida now, I need to go down and take a bunch of pictures.  I told a friend of mine to visit the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, and she came back with more images of alligators than birds.  But, she was excited to see all the different varieties of birds there.  Some of the alligator images were of these monster-sized alligators.  They were so huge.  I went searching for an image I had taken about five plus years ago, and could not find it.  It was an image of about thirty sets of eyes, all looking at me.  These eyes were of only alligators, in this one water area of the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge.  They were hiding in the mangroves, out in the middle, just everywhere.  It was the creepiest photograph I have ever taken.  I will search again for this photograph.  All I could think, was that they were looking at me as dinner.  It still makes me shudder.  Alligators are very fast on land, so I hopped into my car quite rapidly.  

One time I rode my motorcycle down to the refuge, and parked it too close to the water.  I saw a baby alligator, and instantly knew to get away from that area.  If there is a baby, there is a very big, protective mother.  Anyway, I backed up very slowly, leaving my bike where it was.  Out of the mangroves came another few baby alligators and the mother.  She was circling my motorcycle, giving me the impression that she was deciding if it was a threat or dinner, and all I could think of, was if she knocked it over, I was in big trouble.  I might not be able to pick it up.  Anyway, I just kept moving back until I was at a safe distance, not to be perceived as a threat to the mother alligator, and waited for quite some time, until the mother and children finally went for a swim.  It felt like forever.  After they were in the water,  I got back onto my motorcycle and got out of there.  From then on, I drive the car.

#8087 Topazia

Topazia

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:19 PM

wow, those are some harrowing experiences! I don't have any scary encounter stories. I'm glad I made your day! :) It's true!

#8088 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,932 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:19 AM

Now that time has passed, when you think back, you laugh about the situation.  But, at the time, there was this chain of thought, oh how stupid I was.  When you look into the lagoon and look at all these pairs of eyes staring at you, that is so creepy.  I should have taken a picture.  

Now for other news, not much is happening.  Of course, that is good.  The only things I am working on, are boring.  Data input and tax preparation.  And no one wants to hear about that.  

More pictures in the next post.

How is our favourite little girl?  She must be making your life so very interesting.  Please keep us all up to date with the Adventures of MacKenzie.  (Hint, hint... your next children's book series.)

#8089 Topazia

Topazia

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:09 AM

She's so awesome! She's got 12 teeth now. And her vocabulary is growing every day. And tonight she had a night terror and wouldn't wake up until I yelled for Sean. he didn't hear me, but it solved my problem! It was instant. she was screaming and flailing with her eyes half-closed, not responding to anything, and then I shouted, then silence. a little girl looking at me calmly, if a little confused and scared because of her bad dream. :( But after a quick field trip to Daddy for a kiss, she went right back to sleep.

#8090 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,932 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:10 AM

Twelve teeth!!!  WOW!  They are coming in fast.  It sounds like time for another picture.  If you would please.

With a writer mother, she should have an incredible vocabulary.  She will be writing her first novel by the time she is four.  

Bad dreams, I wonder what evil, scary things could enter a little girl's dreams.  Did you ask her about it the next day?  Did she remember having the bad dream?  Or, did you just decide not to ask her?  It just never occurred to me that little children have bad dreams.  That sounds so dumb, but I would like to think that children do not have bad dreams until they are older.  How old is she again?  After thinking, it is a good thing her father does not work during the night.   I wonder if the reason that MacKenzie was confused and scared, was because you woke her up and she had no idea of her dream.  All these type considerations interest me.  The great news, is that she went right back to sleep after her father gave her a kiss.  We know who is daddy's little girl.

#8091 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,932 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:16 PM

A shell...

Attached File  fullsizeoutput_ba03.jpeg   91.98KB   0 downloads

#8092 Topazia

Topazia

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:26 AM

She's only 18 months. She can barely say shirt lol let alone tell me a story. I don't know what she could have dreamed. I dream of fantastic things. like, fantasy fantastic, like what the word actually means. I've dreamt of a plane landing next to a tea party after a bunch of birds flew into a friend's room (whom I've never met in person). And other random stuff. I'm sure she's dreaming of things she can't explain.

She's done the whole sleepy screaming thing a couple times. Usually she just lost the pacifier, but if not, picking her up vertically helps. as a last resort, shouting for Sean has always hushed her right away. But I don't want to do that if all she wants is her pacifier and a cuddle, so I only call out for him if I can't get her quiet in ten minutes. It's just the phase of development she's in; most kids her age start having sleep troubles off and on between now and 5 or so.

Her vocabulary is pretty good for what she understands. She doesn't say much yet. She's just about on the cusp of her word count exploding, though. And her speech will start getting clearer soon. Lately she's more interested in learning physical tricks, like one-foot, spin, "jump" (squat then tip toe bc she's afraid of falling), dance, itsy bitsy spider moves, peekaboo, body part locations, and she's just starting to learn twinkle twinkle moves. She does that in phases, too. She learned to clap and wave and high five really close together, then learned a couple words and no more tricks, then more tricks and a slight plateau on words, etc. She'll definitely be creative, though. She's already got such a silly sense of humor and is developing a flair for overreacting. Like, we blow on her face or tap her shoulder and she'll throw herself down like she's been shoved. It's a joke, she laughs, and it's hilarious.

sigh... she's also in hitting phase. she knows what "OW" means. and she says it when she smacks your face or pinches your arms or throws a toy at you. Definitely a toddler. And I love her to pieces <3<3<3

Yeah, she adores dada. She's picked up grandpa (bappah) and grandma (mamma) recently so we're stoked she's learning other people's names.

that shell is gorgeous, Horatio! What kind was it, do you know?

#8093 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,932 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:06 AM

Eighteen months already????  Time has passed so very fast.  Pretty soon she will be in school.  

That is so very interesting that children have sleep troubles between her age and around five years old.  It makes me curious as to the reason this happens.  So, the screaming is when she is asleep and has lost her pacifier?  Very intriguing.  I am certain that some child psychologist has a study on the sleep and dreams of children.  It would be fun to read these studies, if it was at all possible.

MacKenzie is accomplishing so many things each and every day.  I can see just how much your interaction with her has helped her learn and develop.  How wonderful that MacKenzie is developing a great sense of humour.  This is a great outlook on life.  You are seeing all these wonderful developments in her life.  The sacrifice that you have made to be home with your daughter is truly magnificent.  I have friend, and she plans on putting her daughter into day care as a baby.  Her job is so much more important than her baby.  

Ha, ha, ha... she says ow when she hits or pinches you?  That is hilarious.  We need a mother-daughter picture and a father-daughter picture... please.  You can start her early on selfies.  It is so much fun seeing her learn different people and their associated names.  

This is so exciting to hear.  It sounds like you are going to get mother of the year award.  I applaud you for all your efforts.

More in a little bit, but I have to get off the computer for a bit.

#8094 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,932 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:41 AM

Yesterday I was getting all the salt and dirt off my car at the car wash.  Here is my view of that event.

Attached File  ZF0ZDt2ORESaJq4EGtco3Q.jpg   173.56KB   0 downloads

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users