349 replies to this topic

#341 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:02 AM

Hokay, so, they're ALL huge. I have to get ready for work, but maybe I'll come back and shrink them later. o.O (Why doesn't the photo feature scale pictures to the screen size?)

#342 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66,957 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:16 PM

For the auto-scaling to screen size feature, this would be too easy. :lol: I often forget to re-size the pictures.

The pictures are amazing. I must admit that your flowers and the lighting are amazing, but I really, really love the fish and frog picture. That is the most incredible photograph ever. I really love that one!!! The stars came out incredible and you both look fantastic. My question is the picture of you both when you looked surprised? You must say what when along with that picture. :) The last picture of you is one of the best, you are so, so pretty and this picture is perfect!

Thanks for the great photographs. You definitely made my day!!!!!

*presents Jesusfreak with the Platinum Moon Award for photograph excellence*

#343 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:48 AM

Thanks! ^_^ Shane took that last picture of me from a good distance away. I'm pleased to say that the optical zoom on my new camera is much better than my old one. The picture where we look surprised was because that tree reminded Shane of the scene in Lord of the Rings where Sam and Frodo are hiding from the ring wraiths under a tree, so we were sort of imitating that. :lol:

#344 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,957 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:22 AM

Thanks! ^_^ Shane took that last picture of me from a good distance away. I'm pleased to say that the optical zoom on my new camera is much better than my old one. The picture where we look surprised was because that tree reminded Shane of the scene in Lord of the Rings where Sam and Frodo are hiding from the ring wraiths under a tree, so we were sort of imitating that. :lol:

Great imitation!!! :lol: I remember that exact scene! :)

The technology is getting so incredible. Your zoom takes fantastic pictures with great quality.

#345 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:39 AM

I know! In 50 years, photo labs will be obsolete and kids won't know what film or negatives are. What's really impressive is that my camera is about the same (smallish) size as the old one, and only cost about $200 online. I am pleased to report that my money was well-spent. ^_^

#346 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,957 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:15 AM

I know! In 50 years, photo labs will be obsolete and kids won't know what film or negatives are. What's really impressive is that my camera is about the same (smallish) size as the old one, and only cost about $200 online. I am pleased to report that my money was well-spent. ^_^

Interesting point! I signed up for a photo course at the local university and they teach you only to take pictures with film-loaded cameras, dark room procedures and things that probably won't be around. Perhaps I should change that to the digital photography course. :lol:

You made a perfect choice in your camera.

Now... let's get posting some of your awesome photographs.

I do want to know how you captured that perfect photograph of the frog and fish. :)

#347 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:50 AM

That one was with my old camera, actually. I have a waterproof case for it. Maybe I should try selling prints of my pictures to supplement my income. :rolleyes:

#348 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,957 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:36 AM

That one was with my old camera, actually. I have a waterproof case for it. Maybe I should try selling prints of my pictures to supplement my income. :rolleyes:

Waterproof cases are great. I am a little reluctant to put my Nikon in one of those for fear that the time I used it, it would leak. But I love the idea as you have access to an entire other world.

You would probably do great.

#349 Jesusfreak

Jesusfreak

Momma T XD

• HampsterRegular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

The case I have is made specifically for my camera by Canon. It has a ring around where the two halves close that creates a seal, and a locking latch that keeps it shut. I've been using it for years with no problems.

I have a few pictures up on a website (can I say which one?), and it has the option to make prints available, which I did. So, who knows, maybe someone will want them. :rolleyes:

#350 Horatio

Horatio

HampsterModerator

• Super Administrators
  • 66,957 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

The case I have is made specifically for my camera by Canon. It has a ring around where the two halves close that creates a seal, and a locking latch that keeps it shut. I've been using it for years with no problems.

I have a few pictures up on a website (can I say which one?), and it has the option to make prints available, which I did. So, who knows, maybe someone will want them. :rolleyes:

Saying the name of the website is fine. You just could not put a link to your photographs or write the .com part.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users